Commander
# 1 What are your hopes for 2013?
02-03-2013, 01:17 AM
In coming weeks, dStahl will be filling us in on the "future" of STO, based on his recent State of the Game blog.

What are your hopes for the future of STO?

Mine are as follows:

1. More C-Store, Less Lockbox - It's a lofty goal, and one we aren't likely to see, but it would nice too see more additions to the C-Store itself, and less reliance on the Lockbox gambling for funding of STO. I can understand it's lure from Cryptic's standpoint, with buckets of cash coming in from the sale of Keys to those who would gamble, and from those who sell them to the gamblers. But I'll say this, I find myself far less likely to invest in the game, to spend my money, when I can't simply purchase something, and instead am forced to spend in the mere chance to get it. I hope that Cryptic will rededicate itself to providing things that people want such as Uniforms, Interiors, etc. and less effort spent on putting things like enemy vessels in Lockboxes to cash in on the few people that want the most powerful ship.

2. Quality Passes on Existing Assets - Cryptic has spent 3 years putting items into the C-Store, and have allowed people to spend money on them. In those 3 years, many items have been identified as having graphical or functional issues. I hope that Cryptic will reinvest some of the profits it has accumulated from the sale of these items, to ensure they are of the highest quality and function possible. Uniforms with clipping issues, misplaced rank insignias, etc. Bridges with officers seated in the deck, or floating above and on the edge of chairs. Ship models with glaring graphical issues. Ships whose technical specs have been superceded by vessels which make no sense to have superceded them. (Galaxy, Galaxy-X, etc.) Cryptic could build a tremendous amount of goodwill with it's playerbase by addressing a vast majority of these items which are long overdue.

3. Additional Leveling Arcs - One of the main "endgame" activites of STO, is the leveling of alts. I would like to see some additional content added to the game in the Klingon, Romulan, and Cardassian Fronts, which would offer some new experiences, or even completely new leveling paths for those bringing up alts. Without them, the journey to Level 50 becomes quite stale and repetitive. Having some new avenues to explore would likely entice people to spend more time with STO.

These are just a few areas I hope to see Cryptic improve in. Of course, others will have their own ideas, and I welcome them here in the hopes that Cryptic might find some ideas which they wish to tackle, further improving this game into the future.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 2
02-03-2013, 01:45 AM
In reply:
1. Would love that to happen but the money's not there, I've read somewhere on the forums that over 70% of income now comes from lock box keys.
2. Please Ohh please my Gal-x sits in mothballs at the moment.
3. I have recently gone back to early mission to restart an arc, as I expect like most shot through the early episodes. Some are great but more end game content would be great.

My wishes

1. How about a ship refit token, say 500 zen useable once bound to character that gives a vessel + 10% hull and shields and ups a single bridge level by one, user decides which.
Once useable twice per ship.
2. Purchase able ship part/ extra skins,... We all want our ships look different.
3. Respeices token.
4. Fleet merge, fleets can join under one name, one of the fleets gets half the resources back put in that then goes to the new merged fleet. Thoughts?

Oh and the lotto numbers

I've tried to keep this realistic as STO is a business that has to make money to survive.
Commander
# 3
02-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litchy74 View Post
In reply:
1. Would love that to happen but the money's not there, I've read somewhere on the forums that over 70% of income now comes from lock box keys.
I'm well aware that the income from Lockboxes likely exceeds all previous C-Store sales. And being a proponent of the free market system, I don't object to them making money in this way. However, every business, from McDonalds to Intel has to diversify, in order to remain competitive. If all focus remains on a single item in the financial portfolio, then you aren't capturing the widest angle of potential income.

Cryptic should keep up with the lockboxes, where it makes sense. But at the same time, should recommit to some of the other areas of the C-Store as well, in order to offer the widest range of product to it's players, thereby increasing its revenue streams and preventing consumer burnout.

Quote:
2. Please Ohh please my Gal-x sits in mothballs at the moment.
I've been enjoying my Ambassador Class, and it makes me yearn for a Galaxy Class update which would make the ship feel a bit more dynamic and powerful, and less like a flying toothless brick.

Additionally, there are times where I would have liked to use the Galaxy-X (or it's Venture counterpart) on a character, but knowing how weak and ineffective it is compared to other ships of the same tier, has kept me from spending the money on it. If given a revamp, I would consider reviewing my position on spending on the ship.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Captain
# 4
02-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Fix our broken accolades is a biggie for me!

More customization to ships like they offer ship bridges, a no brainer way for some extra money generation for them.

Add a increase in dilithium refinement cap for let's say 1k-2.5kzen per 1kdilithium increase, obtainable only 2 times per account would be awesome for starters.

Purchaseable common small craft for cruisers and sci ships with same useage restrictions as the romulan fighters from the episodes.

More end game content or 20player stf mission(s) would be awesome.

These are just a few
Career Officer
# 5
02-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post
I'm well aware that the income from Lockboxes likely exceeds all previous C-Store sales. And being a proponent of the free market system, I don't object to them making money in this way. However, every business, from McDonalds to Intel has to diversify, in order to remain competitive. If all focus remains on a single item in the financial portfolio, then you aren't capturing the widest angle of potential income.

Cryptic should keep up with the lockboxes, where it makes sense. But at the same time, should recommit to some of the other areas of the C-Store as well, in order to offer the widest range of product to it's players, thereby increasing its revenue streams and preventing consumer burnout.

I've been enjoying my Ambassador Class, and it makes me yearn for a Galaxy Class update which would make the ship feel a bit more dynamic and powerful, and less like a flying toothless brick.

Additionally, there are times where I would have liked to use the Galaxy-X (or it's Venture counterpart) on a character, but knowing how weak and ineffective it is compared to other ships of the same tier, has kept me from spending the money on it. If given a revamp, I would consider reviewing my position on spending on the ship.
I agree with this and hope Cryptic will do this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-03-2013, 03:14 AM
1) Ships from other ST Games. (Dan said they were tricky as they need approval. Not that they were impossible to add or get)
2) More Featured Episodes
3) Ship Upgrade system (There's Way to many Ship variants in game.)
4) More TMP and TOS era ships
5) More VO work from ST Cast members
6) A refinement Cap increase
7) Breen and tholion Sectors
8) Sona (Enough said)
9) More Locations from the ST Series
10) More races from the ST Series. (Organians, Byrans, Xindi, Angosions, Sherlik, Tarkains)
11) Design your own ship
Captain
# 7
02-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Retrait Retrait

More consumbles in the replicator like large shield regen etc.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 8
02-03-2013, 03:51 PM
- completed KDF faction (at least on-par with the Feds)
- more FE series
- Romulan Star Empire/Tal Shiar playable faction
- Allegiance class starship (for Feds)
- D5 class battle cruiser (for KDF)
- Ferasan ships for KDF
- an ENT-themed storyline (maybe Romulan War?)
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 9
02-03-2013, 04:45 PM
In order;

A better Foundry UI and loot table voiding for timid creatures. These will solve the current Foundry Wars for everyone not insane.

Raptor's Wing is an FE so good I can convince my friends to play the game with me and not another under-cooked faction they can point to as a reason they won't

Speaking of under-cooked factions: At least another ten KDF missions and the current rewards normalized so you won't be BG well before you get to them. Or at least some great rewards for doing them at level cap.

Another ten Fed/ KDF misssions that give us the ending to all of the existing plot threads instead of finding out they ended in an article in a magazine none of us has read by characters not our Captains so we can clear the field for the Iconians.

A way to trade Fleet Marks for EC or dilithium.

Pokemon-like pet battles.
# 10
02-04-2013, 04:12 AM
My hopes for 2013.

- Unified uniform themes for all areas.
I know that's a big ask, but I hate having people with random uniforms in the same place. I'd much prefer each map/ship/starbase have it's own uniform. Eg - DS9 has it's own uniform and all Starfleet NPCs wear it. The Enterprise is my biggest pet peeve in that sense, with people's uniforms all over the place.

- Ability to promote first officer to Captain.
I just want to give my first officer her own ship. She's been doing a great job for 3 years, time for a promotion!

- More character pieces for the Enterprise crew.
I want to get to know these guys. We're seeing Shon a fair bit, but I want to know the crew!

- More character pieces for STO characters.
I want to learn more about our main characters (Sulu, Quinn, etc)

- More (all) uniforms added to the Foundry.
The foundry is missing a bunch of uniforms, I want to be creative!

- Hand Phaser and Phaser rifle (TNG/DS9) available in game.

- Screen shown Klingon weapons available to players.

- TV show themed packs in the C store
DS9 Pack was great. More please !

I think that's about it