Ensign
Sorry if it's been answered but i had a good search around and found only supposition that "maybe" you can't as they are set piece items)

Can anyone say, categorically whether or not you can mount more than 1 hyper-plasma torpedo launcher on a ship?

It's just I've seen players firing really crazy-huge volleys in STFs that almost looked like they were running two launchers. Is it possible, or is just my imagination (Lucky rolls on purple doff cooldown procs and spread shots?)
Career Officer
# 2
02-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I havn't tried, but what you see is pretty normal...

They fire in such succession, that the cooldown is almost finished when you are done firing, so it seems like they fire never ending.

From what I understand, and to be perfectly honest i might have gotten it wrong, You can have all the launchers that you want, but only one mounted at any time.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 3
02-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuujinzero View Post
Sorry if it's been answered but i had a good search around and found only supposition that "maybe" you can't as they are set piece items)

Can anyone say, categorically whether or not you can mount more than 1 hyper-plasma torpedo launcher on a ship?

It's just I've seen players firing really crazy-huge volleys in STFs that almost looked like they were running two launchers. Is it possible, or is just my imagination (Lucky rolls on purple doff cooldown procs and spread shots?)
could just be people running Tactical initiative 3
Rihannsu
# 4
02-03-2013, 10:24 AM
its the torpdeo doffs. you can stack a few together which when they proc all at once they can fire a very long stream

I will be honest and say ive never tried but i know that other people have bought these items and then found they cant mount more than 1, but you can own as many as you like for multiple ships.

these are part of a set so you should be limited to only 1, and others experience seems to confirm this.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 5
02-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks all, if you know people who've tried that's good enough for me.

With 3 doffs you have a ~50% chance of at least one of them proccing a cooldown so if you have 3 purples that'd explain why some people fire an almost unstoppable barrage.

Speaking of which; are torpedo cooldown doffs compatible because occasionally I get spates my launcher fails to fire anything at all and I've trying figure out the cause there
Captain
# 6
02-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuujinzero View Post

No, If it is part of a set you can only equip 1. The same goes for the romulan experimental beam.

Quote:
That's the 3 purple doff exploit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-03-2013, 10:58 AM
They could be using torp spread with the romulan launcher. Used with torp spread 3 it can shoot 10 torps at 5 targets.
Career Officer
# 8
02-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
That's the 3 purple doff exploit.
Why call it an exploit? The game mechanics very clearly allow it to occur, and the DOFFs are doing exactly what they were designed to do - reduce torpedo cooldowns. I'm not seeing where the exploit is...

In game design, an exploit is deliberately taking advantage of a bug in the game's code, usually to do something the designers never intended. This is not what is happening here.
Career Officer
# 9
02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
How does this work, precisely?
The Hyper-Plasma fires (three balls) and has a 6 second cooldown (right?), the DOff (if it procs) reduces it by 5s so it fires 1 second later?

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 10
02-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I thought they had patched it so the Hyper Plasma and Omega torps no longer interact with the torpedo doffs, as those doffs were not designed around torpedoes that have a magazine.