Commander
# 1 Gamma Quadrant
02-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I was talking to freinds in STO about what it would be like to play within the Gamma Quadrent.
Obviously the Dominion is some space away from the Wormhole so it leaves plenty of Exploration to be done.
Here are several of my own ideas:

New Rakantha - An Adventure Zone. Similar in many ways to New Romulas. Explore the digs of Bajoran Lightships and uncover the True Way presence and intentions.

Columbia - Assist the USS Da Vinci defend and tow this Treasure back home before its looted.

Android Homeworld - Make first contact with a race of Androids and make a startling discovery. Lal never died but infact was smuggled of the Enterprise - D by Data and Picard. This planet has become her new home.

Founders Original Homeworld - Make contact with the Solid inhabitants of the Founders original homeworld and assess the primitive conditions they have been forced into by the Dominion. Perhaps even a sub-species, the Chameloids.

Hur'q - For the Klingons only. Discover the truth behind the Fek'lhr and Hur'q connection.

Vandros IV - Revisit this forest planet and explore the ruins of the Iconian facility. What connections did they have to the Tkon? (Possibility of a Time-War between both powers).

What Ideas do you have?

ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 02-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Apparently Delta Quadrant will be visited first with major developments, then Gamma Quadrant. It could change, but that is the plan according to dstahl. Good ideas for when they finally get around to it.
Career Officer
# 3
02-03-2013, 01:32 PM
New Rakantha: I could see as a Hub on the Gamma Quadrant side. But your idea of Lightships and True Way seems a bad idea since the True Way has no way of sneeking through the wormhole and lightships is old Bajoran technology and in canon only one ship found the Wormhole.

The Columbia: This storyline cannot happen since its part of the Caelar plot and STO obviously doesn't follow that. Personally, I found the story to be just plan bad.

Android Homeworld: Bad Plot

Founder Homeworld: Chameloids are not a Gamma Quadrant species, lets leave it at that.

Hur'Q: This has potential.

Vandros IV: Potential, but the Gateway was destroyed by Sisko.

And to me, I like to visit the various homeworlds of the Wadi and other species. Maybe learn more about the origins of the Jem'Hadar and the Vorta.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Commander
# 4
02-03-2013, 02:26 PM
But they still have the Vesta Class introduced.
Just because they arn't following the same storyline dont mean they cant take whats best about it.
Since that art was made its been majorally inspirational to Trekkies and novelists, hence the Destiny series, just makes sense to include it.

And I'm not just trying to think about what is most Canon freindly because alot of STO don't make sense in terms of Canon, (E.g; Humanoid-Preserver Connection).
As for the rest, im trying to be imaginitive here, at least I aint suggesting the Borg assimilate the Jem'Hadar and use their cloning to re-create Locutus... Now that was a bad story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Apparently Delta Quadrant will be visited first with major developments, then Gamma Quadrant. It could change, but that is the plan according to dstahl. Good ideas for when they finally get around to it.
I know, but they CAN do more with the Delta Quadrent so hopefully Loads and Loads of content and Canon screws. Unfortunatly this means Gamma and Beta Quadrants will probally be disappointing in terms of magnitude.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 02-03-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Captain
# 5
02-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
Founders Original Homeworld - Make contact with the Solid inhabitants of the Founders original homeworld and assess the primitive conditions they have been forced into by the Dominion. Perhaps even a sub-species, the Chameloids.
I believe the Solid inhabitants of the Founders' homeworld are the Vorta, actually.
Commander
# 6
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
I believe the Solid inhabitants of the Founders' homeworld are the Vorta, actually.
No they arn't, The Vorta were nothing more than simple Ape like creatures that were used as a genetic template to create the race you see today.
Never in Canon have I heard otherwise!... but it would be a cool story for STO to explore, the Vorta learn their true heritage and the non-clones of the species (as it has been laid down they have a homeworld) become disturbed at the truth.

Last edited by rickysmith1; 02-03-2013 at 03:10 PM.