Captain
# 1 KASE Probes
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
You know, I have been doing this for months, and I still haven't figured this out. Are the probes in KASE like the BoPs in CSE and only start their respawn timer once the previous set die? Or do they just spawn at set intervals that reduce as the mission goes on?

I feel incredibly stupid for asking this, but it's been bothering me XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 2
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Is it actually feasible to lock a set down long enough to find out?
Captain
# 3
02-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Is it actually feasible to lock a set down long enough to find out?
TBR + Grav Well should keep 'em pinned for quite along time. Might kill 'em tho.
Captain
# 4
02-04-2013, 07:01 PM
In my long time of guarding probes, I have noticed that they spawn on a set timer from when the last spawned, because I've had to take care of other stuff and not get to the probes right away. After I kill them, I saw that the next set warped in shortly after, indicating that the timer is not set to their deaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 5
02-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Huh, I just blow them as soon as I can.

But they sure spawn on shorter and shorter intervals.

And after one gate is blown, keeping one sphere alive seemingly stops more spawning.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Yes, they are. If they're not killed together, popping them one by one can make a hassle out of it (if there is a runaway cube or other mobs). Sometimes I put on a GW just to slow the first ones and kill all of them in one go. Useful if you're a two gate guardian.
Captain
# 7
02-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Their timer is definitely based on when you kill them, so if you kill one before the other, they will spawn one at a time. I'm reserving judgement on all other questions until I have more concrete data, but I'll pay attention to that next time I run KASE (assuming I run it again, with T5 rep finished and the fact that you only have to do ISE now it's been a while). I do suspect that they may run on a double timer system, one that counts down from the death of the probe, and the other from its spawn, and when both have ended then it spawns. That fits what I've felt like happens, but it's too much to say without more evidence.