Captain
While the Cryptic episodes can be interesting, one of the troubles with them if you are of a more role-playing mindset is that every toon is essentially shoehorned down the same decision path. One of the advantages of the Foundry's story missions is that you have the opportunity to choose what kinds of missions your character is or is not interested in, and in a sense, create a personal canon for your character.

For my Cardassian toon, I count the following missions:

"The Spirits of Ramok Nor" by @alimac30
"The City of the Polmar Ree" by @alimac30
"Final Judgment" by leviathan (not sure if that mission is still posted or I just can't see it on my lower-level toon?)
"Finding Resolution" by @ajstoner
"Avenging Resolution" by @ajstoner
"Finding Lascaux" (Part 1 already, Part 2 whenever I'm able to get working on that), which I created.

[Will add as I find more]

For my Devidian toon (yeah, long story there):

"Conjoined" by DenizenVI

What about you? Are there any Foundry stories you consider part of your characters' backstories?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com

Last edited by gulberat; 02-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I generally count every Foundry mission I've played as canon for my character, except those that either contradict established canon (those are rare) or don't have much in the way of an interesting story.
Rihannsu
# 3
02-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I generally count every Foundry mission I've played as canon for my character, except those that either contradict established canon (those are rare) or don't have much in the way of an interesting story.
Yeah that's part of how I define a good Foundry mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 4
02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I tend to feel the same way. A good Foundry mission shouldn't violate establish canon, and it shouldn't take such license that it too broadly impacts the universe. In that case, I have no problems accepting any of them.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-04-2013, 06:44 PM
My missions are definitely canon for my main toon and are definitely all within the same continuity. I use recurring characters and even reference "past" events as well.

I've actually created two in-game toons based on characters I introduced in Foundry missions, one of whom I killed off in said Foundry mission, so I guess maybe he got whisked away right before his ship blew up by the KDF from the future.... or something... lol

I'll join with the other folks in saying that I kind of look at any Foundry mission that hasn't violated canon as being something that has "happened" to that toon. Makes it more fun if you decide to be immersed.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 02-04-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Captain
# 6
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Only the Barclay's Daughter missions. STO's main story is missing the comedy episodes that defined the best Trek shows. Even the game's Tribble mission was life or death.

That having been said, I've greatly enjoyed 90% of what you guys have given me so far and you have at least one player who appreciates your efforts.
# 7
02-05-2013, 02:26 AM
I dont get bogged down in what's canon and what is not, or whether it ties into the game or not.

i play the mission for fun. as long as the story is not so stupid that it throws me out of any sense of star trek then its fine.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission