Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Commander
I dug up my spread-sheet and here are results of crafting over 300 consoles: ( No one can convince me it's random) the Purple/Blue/Green Quality results were accurate running it at %24-%51-%24

SCI: Stealth Module (27), Sensor Probes (25) , Power Insulator (20), Countermeasure System (19), Inertial Dampeners (14), Flow Capacitor (13), Graviton Generator (11), Particle Generator (8), Emitter Array (8), Field Generator (1) 147 Sci Consoles

Eng: Injector Assembly (20), Field Emitter (19), Plasma Distribution Manifold (16), Tetraburnium Hull Plating (10), Parametallic Hull Plating (8), Diburnium Hull Plating, (8) SIF Gen (9) Emergency Force Fields (9), Electroceramic Hull Plating (5), Ablative Hull Armor (5), Monotanium Alloy,(4) EPS Flow Reg (4), Neutronium Alloy (2) Consoles RCS Consoles (1) 120 Eng Consoles

Tac: Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (18), Warhead Yield Chamber (17), Prefire Chamber (11), Variable Geometry Detonators (8), Transphasic Compressor (7), Polaron Phase Modulator (6), Photon Detonation Assembly (6), Tetryon Pulse Generator (4), Ambiplasma Envelope(4), Chroniton Flux Regulator (4), TCD Subspace Infuser (3), Plasma Infuser (4), Disruptor Induction Coil (2), Antiproton Mag Regulator (2), Phaser Relay (0) 94 Tac consoles

I have done some addtional crafting since OP, I have updated the OP with my results.

Last edited by admgreer; 02-11-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Wow. Looking at your numbers it seems to read like a list of least to most useful as well as rarity. Definately not random.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-05-2013, 10:29 PM
must've cost alot to get 300 PAA or farming them....nice stats though

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 4
02-05-2013, 10:52 PM
My entire Fleet was kind enough to donate artifacts to me when ever they did the mission. This took me about 4 months to do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
My entire Fleet was kind enough to donate artifacts to me when ever they did the mission. This took me about 4 months to do.
I'm assuming you had only purple DoFFs working on this projects correct?
Commander
# 6
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes. Purple Eng Doffs with Efficient, and sometimes I used Tellerite Eng Doffs with Stubborn. There are no Fed Eng officers with Resolve and Cunning. Except one and she is bound and from a lockbox.
Lieutenant
# 7 Said simply
02-06-2013, 10:42 PM
So trying to paraphrase the excellent statistical theory here for the laymen or an Eighth grade education (ok, or myself):

You would expect that if all drops have an equal chance, that the results would be about the same number of each console dropping +/- a few. This can be in a category of consoles (Sci, Eng, Tac) or across all 42 consoles.

The observed results on a universe of 300 items shows that it's not distributed evenly, or even close to evenly.

Therefore, you conclude something is off in the probabilities.

That seems pretty clear and compelling.

It seems very improbable that this distribution would occur on 300 runs of the mission, if all consoles have an even chance of dropping.

The suggestion of reviewing the recorded results of the Children's Toys mission drop data seems like a good place to look to dispel the "it's just bad luck of random number generators" theory.

Or maybe Cryptic could run the mission 25,000 times internally or on Tribble and see if the results show a 1/42 drop rate for each console? I'm sure the community would find that data interesting to review.

It sounds like a Beam Fire at Will coding search for the community and the devs to work together on!
Captain
# 8
02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm still not convinced the distribution isn't random. 300 is not a large sample size given the size of the pool. Plus, I can't help but notice the conspicuous absence of the Biofunction Monitor and the Emergency Forcefield, crap consoles I see all the time. Either you somehow believe that Cryptic has rigged the pool AGAINST two marvelously crap consoles that you, personally, no doubt see all the time, or the sample size just isn't big enough.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
I dug up my spread-sheet and here are results of crafting over 300 consoles: ( No one can convince me it's random) the Purple/Blue/Green Quality results were accurate running it at %24-%51-%24

SCI: Stealth Module (25), Sensor Probes (24) , Power Insulator (19), Countermeasure System (19), Inertial Dampeners (14), Flow Capacitor (12), Graviton Generator (11), Particle Generator (8), Emitter Array (8), Field Generator (1) 141 Sci Consoles

Eng: Injector Assembly (20), Field Emitter (19), Plasma Distribution Manifold (16), Diburnium Hull Plating (10), Parametallic Hull Plating (8), Diburnium Hull Plating, (8) SIF Gen (7) Emergency Force Fields (8), Electroceramic Hull Plating (5), Ablative Hull Armor (5), Monotanium Alloy,(4) EPS Flow Reg (4), Neutronium Alloy (2) Consoles RCS Consoles (1) 117 Eng Consoles

Tac: Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (18), Warhead Yield Chamber (15), Prefire Chamber (10), Variable Geometry Detonators (8), Transphasic Compressor (7), Polaron Phase Modulator (6), Photon Detonation Assembly (6), Tetryon Pulse Generator (4), Ambiplasma Envelope(4), Chroniton Flux Regulator (4), TCD Subspace Infuser (3), Plasma Infuser (4), Disruptor Induction Coil (2), Antiproton Mag Regulator (2), Phaser Relay (0) 91 Tac consoles

I have done some addtional crafting since OP, I have updated the OP with my results.
Ok, so I'm going to help you out tracking this. I started crafting on 2 separate toons yesterday. I gather 24 Artifacts a week and usually only run the Fabricate Prototype Console assignment over the weekends. I've been running this routine ever since the Children's Toys chain was introduced. I still have nearly all the consoles which I made last weekend in my inventory. It looks as though I have sold a few, however.

Out of the last 21 consoles crafted I have made 3 Emitter Arrays (all blue) and 3 Emergency Force Field Consoles (2x blue, 1x purple).

I've literally made a thousand of these things and I consistently see some of the same ones being made over and over. I have such a tendency for Emergency Force Fields, Biofunction Monitors, Warhead Yield Chambers, Emitter Arrays, Field Emitters, Graviton Generators, Countermeasures, Inertial Dampeners and Sensor Probes you wouldn't believe it! I wish I had been tracking these earlier so I can add more data but I'm very glad you've made a thread where the data can be stockpiled because I know that you're on to something.

I'll make a post after every 50 consoles that I craft to update totals so there should be new totals to add to your list every 2 weeks.

Last edited by rooster75; 02-09-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:

SCI: Stealth Module (27), Sensor Probes (25) , Power Insulator (20), Countermeasure System (19), Inertial Dampeners (14), Flow Capacitor (13), Graviton Generator (11), Particle Generator (8), Emitter Array (8), Field Generator (1) 147 Sci Consoles

Eng: Injector Assembly (20), Field Emitter (19), Plasma Distribution Manifold (16), Tetraburnium Hull Plating (10), Parametallic Hull Plating (8), Diburnium Hull Plating, (8) SIF Gen (9) Emergency Force Fields (9), Electroceramic Hull Plating (5), Ablative Hull Armor (5), Monotanium Alloy,(4) EPS Flow Reg (4), Neutronium Alloy (2) Consoles RCS Consoles (1) 120 Eng Consoles

Tac: Directed Energy Distribution Manifold (18), Warhead Yield Chamber (17), Prefire Chamber (11), Variable Geometry Detonators (8), Transphasic Compressor (7), Polaron Phase Modulator (6), Photon Detonation Assembly (6), Tetryon Pulse Generator (4), Ambiplasma Envelope(4), Chroniton Flux Regulator (4), TCD Subspace Infuser (3), Plasma Infuser (4), Disruptor Induction Coil (2), Antiproton Mag Regulator (2), Phaser Relay (0) 94 Tac consoles

You can add these to your totals. This is the results of the last 100 which I have crafted. Like you I'm seeing SOME similar results. We both seem to have low numbers of total Field Generators, RCS Consoles and Antiproton Mag Regulators. We did, however, differ in a few other places. My total overall Tactical consoles seem proportionally higher.

Plasma Distribution Manifold - 2
Field Emitter - 2
Injector Assembly - 1
Monotanium Alloy - 1
Neutronium Alloy - 3
Diburnium Hull Plating - 2
Ablative Hull Armor - 3
Electroceramic Hull Plating - 0
Tetraburnium Hull Armor - 2
Parametallic Hull Plating - 1
RCS Console - 0
Emergency Force Fields - 4
SIF Generator - 5
EPS Regulator - 3

Countermeasure System - 1
Emitter Array - 5
Flow Capacitor - 1
Graviton Generator - 3
Inertial Dampeners - 3
Particle Generator - 1
Power Insulators - 2
Sensor Probes - 1
Stealth Module - 3
Biofunction Monitor - 1
Field Generator - 1
Shield Emitter Amplifier - 3

Variable Geometry Detonator - 4
Warhead Yield Chamber - 4
Directed Energy Distribution Manifold - 4
Prefire Chamber - 1
Phaser Relay - 5
Disruptor Induction Coil - 2
Plasma Infuser - 4
Tetryon Pulse Generator - 4
Polaron Phase Modulator - 2
Antiproton Mag Regulator - 0
Photon Detonation Assembly - 2
Zero-Point Quantum Chamber - 5
Ambiplasma Envelope - 5
Transphasic Compressor - 2
Chroniton Flux Regulator - 0
TCD Subspace Infuser - 2

Last edited by rooster75; 03-03-2013 at 06:01 AM.