Captain
# 1 Hey Cryptic
02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
How about mirrored maps? We need more maps in the foundry and this is no substitute but why not mirror the maps like they do in a lot of racing games to give those maps more variety?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 2
02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
I like that idea. It saves time doing renders and improves variety.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "mirrored" maps. Are you thinking like a normal map, say one of the generic interiors, with everything reversed? So the room at the far right would be at the far left?
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 4
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "mirrored" maps. Are you thinking like a normal map, say one of the generic interiors, with everything reversed? So the room at the far right would be at the far left?
Yes exactly.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Commander
# 5
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
To be fair there is alot of maps already and it isn't that hard to make up your own system! It's the simpilist map out of the three types.

However I would like to see more Doorways on the Galactic Map. Such as 'Whole Map' Options. Enter via Delta Volanis Cluster and etc. Perhaps have a few Transwarp Gateways doted around that you can use as a 'Doorway to unexplored space'!?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 6
02-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes, I agree! We need maps with goatees and mid-drifts! Oh wait ...
Captain
# 7
02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
To be fair there is alot of maps already and it isn't that hard to make up your own system! It's the simpilist map out of the three types.

However I would like to see more Doorways on the Galactic Map. Such as 'Whole Map' Options. Enter via Delta Volanis Cluster and etc. Perhaps have a few Transwarp Gateways doted around that you can use as a 'Doorway to unexplored space'!?
I have had a hiccup with my current project because I cannot use a transwarp gate as a doorway. my first map is a deep space observatory and I didn't want the player to have to travel to a distant star sytem to start the mission.