Former PWE Community Team Lead
In part one of a supplemental episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I listened to this earlier and i enjoyed it. looking forward to part 2 next week. a few interesting things come out of this.

spoilers (if people like to listen before hearing about what was discussed)

i guess the biggest things for me are; he talks about wanting to add the xindi ships. might not be this year but these are ships I would love to see and im glad its on their radar, especially if they tie it to story missions.

the next update could be around 4 times the size of previous seasons (he does go on to say that might be overselling it) but its a rough idea of what they are aiming for, based on time and staff levels compared to earlier seasons.

the idea of why they stopped FE for the time being to fill up endgame that needed filling, and that the new update will see a return of story content in a big way.

of the new ships they are working on, there are around 20 that he cant tell us what they are for. adds more weight to the romulan faction speculation.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 3
02-08-2013, 02:13 PM
So its 40 minutes of evasive comments and the usual gashing from the interviewers?

I pass thank you ...
Commander
# 4
02-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
So its 40 minutes of evasive comments and the usual gashing from the interviewers?

I pass thank you ...
Not exactly. He rambles for like 20 minutes. Then they finally get to questions around the 22 minute mark. I had to fast forward a few times, the gushing was getting on my nerves.

I would have preferred a transcript than trying to search through a 40 minute audio file for the interview questions.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2013, 03:15 PM
this is an excellent interview. pretty much the kind of interview i was waiting to hear (as a free to play'er) since i haven't been following the game since release.

keep up the good work. i really enjoyed the interview, and it makes me appreciate the game a lot more. gg.

@tehjonel
twitter - tehjonel
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Wow. He really doesn't like paying for cable.
Career Officer
# 7
02-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Nobody geeks out like Al. =) But seriously... no questions about the info-graphic? NONE? How about a question concerning those 2 million captains (not that I'd expect a straight answer).

Thanks P1
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 8
02-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Wonderful interview!

I really like to hear interviews from the devs, and the fact that they are so excited about the game they are working on. I am so pleased that STO is doing well, expanding its workforce and increasing its game play quality and quantity.

These interviews really give a 'feel good' factor. Please do more of them, even if it's just talking about how much you enjoy your job.

Thanks for asking (and answering) my question too!

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK

Last edited by starfish1701; 02-08-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
As a Sci captain I guess I should be excited about the Fleet D'Kyr but I'm really not. I think the Vesta will still be a better ship.

I bet the KDF are excited about the Fleet Guramba though.
Republic Veteran
# 10
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
As a Sci captain I guess I should be excited about the Fleet D'Kyr but I'm really not. I think the Vesta will still be a better ship.

I bet the KDF are excited about the Fleet Guramba though.
Like all Starfleet, you talk and you talk, but you have no guramba!