Survivor of Remus
Star Trek vs Star Wars... /sigh

SWTOR just announced they intend to add a rep system to their game, and that rep system looks very similar to STOs version. So far the only noticeable differences is they have vendor NPCs and it crosses through the legacy systems to all of a persons characters.

I'm not sure what STO can or will pioneer out for new content, but I doubt a legacy system would help STO. There is only 3 character classes, and then it would seem a little too much like copy catting for what few things that could be allowed to share across a players account between characters. Though it would still be nice to have an engineer that could throw plasma grenades and slam a radioactive field on an enemy...

So much for the hopes that rivalry would tone down after Disney bought the rights to SW.

Even though a Ferangi will realize that rivalries are good for business...

What are ya'lls opinion on what STO could add to the game that would still be Star Trekishly pioneered, without seeming like a copy cat ST vs SW Rivalry addon?
Career Officer
# 2
02-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Do you know what I like most about SWTOR? They don't trash talk STO over there.
I miss my _.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
I would have to agree. I don't go to the SWTOR official forums much, I go to a different SWTOR site, and most people in that forum are Trek fans as well as Star Wars.
Career Officer
# 4
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Both are very different games, I played SWTOR for about a month. I've always been more of a Star Trek fan tho...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Survivor of Remus
# 5
02-09-2013, 11:43 AM
/sigh...

So much for asking about idea's...

The very first post is a comment about trash talk and had no innovative ideas.

Now I am reminded why I stopped posting altogether years ago...

Too easy to start a flame war, to quick to get off topic.
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-09-2013, 11:56 AM
STO, and SWTOR do have one thing in common...Their chats are always full of crap talking about real world nonsense.

Captain
# 7
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenmia View Post

Well, yeah.

Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenmia View Post
/sigh...

So much for asking about idea's...

The very first post is a comment about trash talk and had no innovative ideas.

Now I am reminded why I stopped posting altogether years ago...

I believe this started when you accused SWTOR of copying STO.

Just FYI, reputation systems have been MMO's for at least a decade, and there's nothing original about the one in STO.
Career Officer
# 9
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I guess you don't read their forums much then, because that hasn't been my experience.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 10
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
There are no new ideas. everything is in someway a copy of something else. rep systems have been around for ages, and if it works then use it.

Quote:
That's not really true. Every forum is made up of a wide range of players and you will find every conceivable viewpoint. some will like once franchise, some will like both, some will like one game, some both (quite a few seem to hate both but there you go).

ive heard people trash STO and some who defend it over there, just as ive heard them trash their own game, just like on here and vice versa.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 02-10-2013 at 02:46 PM.