Lt. Commander
Ever since I got the carrier I could not settle on a build, this ship can equip cannons but with a 45 degree targeting ark and a purple carrier with the manoeuvrability of a brick...

Maybe Cannons are not the best way to go because the ship doesn't have a high enough turn rateso perhaps I should use beam arrays but I would be sacrificing DPS so I'm undecided on a build so if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Support the Federation Typhoon and Jupiter Class Starships.
Captain
# 2
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
If your running stfs dhc would be A piece of cake and the dreads o see with them on are deadly

however if its pvp your after you'll have to rethink your strategy
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 3
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
for PVE you can use DHCs, you dont need to turn there too much, so you should be able to utilise them. in PVP beams or turrets+single cannons would be preferred
Ensign
# 4
02-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
for PVE you can use DHCs, you dont need to turn there too much, so you should be able to utilise them. in PVP beams or turrets+single cannons would be preferred
Unfortunately dread's can only use cannon's and I found those to be extremely lackluster compared to a beam boat or torpedo boat build with the dread for PVE at least.

I myself with with 3 Beams up front w/ Omega Plasma Torpedo launchers, and two beams aft with Kinetic cutting beam for my Beam build.
Captain
# 5
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
I logged a bunch of battles (engineer captain), and even making liberal use of Rapid Fire and Scatter Volley, dual cannons did not out-perform single cannons. The single cannons simply get more time on target. Dual cannons are stylistically really cool on this ship, but since singles are so much more convenient and appear to do the same amount of practical damage over the course of a battle, I'd vote for single cannons + turrets.