Captain
# 1 Classic tournament take 2
02-11-2013, 02:52 AM
After our latest success and interest in classic tournaments, and that someone felt left out *cough* Regulus and Lag Ind* cough* ive decided to take another go at it.

We`ll still make use of the same rules, but I will open for modifying the rules at a new TS session 2 weeks before the tournament starts, to accomdate new stuff which has been added to the game. TS will be bootcamp server on the following details: pvpbootcamp.com:1406
This will occure on 16 february at 22.00 CET/4 PM CET. Get that timer straight now *cough* Regulus *cough*

Tournament will be held at the 2 march at 20.00 CET /2PM EST. Use bootcamp server to meet up, and be there sharp, not 30 mins later. The only excuse I will accept is if you just had to shag your better half.

As usual I will give the honoured duty to Sargon to draw partcipating teams faceoffs to make this neutral and unbiased as possible.

Oki! Cheerios folks and start signing up teams!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!

Last edited by devorasx; 02-13-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Captain
# 2
02-11-2013, 02:53 AM
This post is reserved to highlight participating teams and draws.

TSI will field one team.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 3
02-11-2013, 04:19 AM
I propose you postpone this entire thing until the "real" bootcamp tournament has taken place.
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I propose you postpone this entire thing until the "real" bootcamp tournament has taken place.
I can consider that if pascal wants his go first.

Edit: If pascal doesnt respond in timely fashion, i will still go on with this as planned. So sign up still!

edit 2: Zomg... i didnt read bootcamp tournament. I`ll consult Sargon.

Last edited by devorasx; 02-11-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-11-2013, 04:45 AM
If nothing else, we could try and get pug groups going with the classic rule set? It was surprisingly fun doing that. Of course try and balance the groups. Maybe even run it around the same time as the normal Saturday meeting. Give the different groups options.

I should have a decent friend-made ready for the event. The original fleet team kind of fell a part as most the players have retired from STO. Two of the guys where suppose to be there but I think the storm on the east coast put them out and another has medical issues and wasn't able to make it.

In any event, I know of several friends who have been putting alts together for classic pew. So even if a tournament isn't able to happen at a set time, we can try and keep groups readily available. The bootcamp TS is always available so even pug groups for classic pew can jump up anytime. Make the most of the resources we have spent on gear and whatnot.

We all mostly want good pew anyway and while competition is fun, good fun matches are just as fulfilling (if not more.)

Just my thoughts.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
# 6
02-11-2013, 07:43 AM
We are disappointed that the first planned classic tournament fell apart. But we had fun fighting in mixed matches. The idea is gold, and I think we might still be up for take-2 of this approach. Timing is still gonna be a problem, so if you could let us know in advance. 2 of our players are european and 3 of us are based in US. Last time I had to make a small effort to convince one of our euro-players to make it in time .

Great video. There is a small thing in the video I noticed that mystified me. At 10:23 mark if you watch chat channel, Reuben@wildchild8 says 'any word on how the classic tourney is going?' Well that was our fifth and iirc, he had just gotten out of CSE and he asked that in our fleet's private channel. How the hell did that end up in your chat????
Career Officer
# 7
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
But i plan to be shagging my better half at that time lol jk.

Will try to gather Vipers team at that time.
Captain
# 8
02-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
If nothing else, we could try and get pug groups going with the classic rule set? It was surprisingly fun doing that. Of course try and balance the groups. Maybe even run it around the same time as the normal Saturday meeting. Give the different groups options.

In any event, I know of several friends who have been putting alts together for classic pew. So even if a tournament isn't able to happen at a set time, we can try and keep groups readily available. The bootcamp TS is always available so even pug groups for classic pew can jump up anytime. Make the most of the resources we have spent on gear and whatnot.

We all mostly want good pew anyway and while competition is fun, good fun matches are just as fulfilling (if not more.)

Just my thoughts.
Cool idea, Pheo. You can even make up some special "Classic PvP" rooms in the TS.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 9
02-16-2013, 12:33 PM
I cant make it for todays meeting at 22.00 CET/ 4PM EST for the discussion, BUT i encouarge people that does met up to discuss what else can be done differently or/and additions.

Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post

As usual I will give the honoured duty to Sargon to draw partcipating teams faceoffs to make this neutral and unbiased as possible.
With great joy, I accept this august role

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus