Republic Veteran
Hello Captains and welcome to Priority One's 114th episode, broadcast live on TrekRadio.net on Thursday, February 7th, 2013 and published on Monday, February 11th, 2013 at*PriorityOnePodcast.com!!!

Quote:
Alas, James is still being held captive by Armus, but fear not! We've*sent Tasha Yar to investigate (too soon?). In this week's Trek It Out, Elijah tells us about a cool new*endeavor*by NASA to launch the worlds largest solar sail in 2014[/url], whilst Adrianne tells us about a recent trip to the theatre to see HMS Pinafore: The Next Generation. In STO News we cover the recent Friday Screenshot posted by Branflakes, the Spotlight on the Foundry, G&T Show's interview with Christine 'Kestrel' Thompson, writer for Star Trek Online, and finally the end of the anniversary event. After that we are delighted to be joined once again by Pug01, ground combat PvP expert of the highly successful PvP bootcamp who lets us in on a few little gems to help make your ground PvP experience that much more awesome, before opening up hailing frequencies to read your feedback.

Enjoy!

We are Live on Trekradio.net every Thursday at 5:30 pm pacific time! If you?d like to join us live, during the show, Trek Radio has a built in IRC Chat client. Just click on the Community menu tab and select IRC Chat and input your desired screen name and enter!

We are always looking for new blog submissions from Game/Gaming News, sci-fi/fantasy and entertainment bloggers. If you have an idea for an article and want your voice heard then send your submission to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com! Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well known outlet for your work. If interested, please forward your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by this link and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? Stop by our YouTube channel and check it out!

We?re on Facebook! Head over to www.facebook.com/PriorityOnePodcast and say hi! Or, Check us out on Twitter via @stopriorityone for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below, Contact Us using our handy web form or leave your comments on the Priority One website under Episode 114 -- PvP, Pugs and Pinafore!

If you are a Fleet Admiral and are interested in joining one of our future shows to be interviewed about your fleet, please send us an email at incoming@priorityonepodcast.com.

To get the missions you are making using The Foundry featured, send in the name of your mission, a brief description, and your @handle to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com. You might be asked to record a video walkthrough of your mission with Priority One!

We have a call out to all Priority One fans for your ideas, bugs and tips for our new Field Notes Segment! Visit this link to submit your bugs, tips, or any idea or feature you would like to see implemented in game.

Enjoy the show!
STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: http://priorityonepodcast.com

SUBSCRIBE:
FEEDBURNER

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE

CATCH US LIVE ON TREKRADIO, Thursdays 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET:
www.trekradio.net
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-13-2013, 05:44 AM
I realy enjoy the show, ya'll do a great job, and the pvp information is very good, but for those who play fairly, there are so many pvp players who have hacked the system, and it is obviose that they have, when they can easily kill you in less then 2 seconds, this happens so much and is why alot of people dont play pvp, I have had lots of people complain about this, and i know people gonna say well you just dont know how to play pvp, but when people dont have time to activate any ability what does that tell you. I will be the first to admit I suck at pvp lol, but I am a decent player of the game, and any pvp i play i know i am going to loose and that doesnt bother me, what bothers me is all these almost instance kills, and as i said earlier what i consoder and almost instant kill is when some one kills you in less then 2 second, I am not trying to stir up trouble or fussing would just like for cryptic to look into these things.
Captain
# 3
02-13-2013, 06:03 AM
Yeah that was my last experience with ground PVP too. Enemies saw me and killed me with one single shot. I was in a full Mk XII STF set. And they did that 10 times in a row without fail, so it can't have been lucky crits. I don't think hacks are involved, just overpowered buffs/debuffs, but regardless of why it happens, it's just no fun whatsoever in that form to me.

Still some good info in the show that I'll take into PvE ground combat too. Didn't know it was possible to get to practically 100% dodge.
Commander
# 4
02-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmerzan View Post
I realy enjoy the show, ya'll do a great job, and the pvp information is very good, but for those who play fairly, there are so many pvp players who have hacked the system, and it is obviose that they have, when they can easily kill you in less then 2 seconds
Keep improving.
Commander
# 5
02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

Any PVP system in any MMO that allows instakill ability is an unbalanced and poor PVP system. Period. This is why while PvP is fun for as long as buff timers are down, when they are up and ready to rock, few people really care to be on the receiving end of it. I'd be willing to wager several bars of GPL that every player mutters or screams profanities every time they are downed in a blink of an eye without any chance of defense. You can say what you want but it is a high probability that we all hate this element of PvP, and we have several ways to justify it's existence, but the bottom line is it just really sucks, period. As long as PvP stays status quo it will remain a very small part of STO.

Again, Cryptic must split PvP from PvE or PvP is a wasted opportunity for STO.

Last edited by syberghost; 02-13-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Commander
# 6
02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

The main reason its that PvP its been the same broken pre-alpha since the launch day, and Cryptic doesnt give a **** about this game.

Last edited by syberghost; 02-13-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Community Moderator
# 7
02-13-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm not going to let this thread get derailed by off-topic insults, guys. If you have on-topic comments you want to contribute, please do so; but I'll be moderating the catfights out.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Commander
# 8
02-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Regarding oneshots in ground PvP: It's possible for anyone to do them on demand and efficiently with enough practice, but it still feels pretty dumb. I'd rather put out pressure damage that keeps people on their toes or denies entry into an area, rather than put out so much burst damage that nothing short of a selfish tank medic can stop it.

Hopefully upcoming balance passes by Borticus will solve some of the outlying issues, but PvP will still be quick and painful to the uninitiated. It takes practice and know how to succeed.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Damned straight my desire burns for a complete KDF.

Smoke Flames Heat as my desire burns......

Seriuosly, got some real desire based burning going here.

Loved the show as always.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Uh... So what happened to part 2 of the the interview with Al? Or is this going to be Thursday?
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran