Captain
# 1 Would this be a good change?
02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Hello all, I have recently been reading several of the threads related to damage, ship viability, and others and have seen various complaints mainly related to just how frelling tanky everything has become.

This is my comprehensive solution to the problem(s).

- Remove shield regeneration bonus from shield power. Link it to Auxiliary Power instead.
- Rework bonus defense. Half of it's value should be determined by engine power, other half from current speed.

- Grant Cannons Resistance Penetration. They will ignore a % of the targets resistance when dealing damage. So if enemy has 50% reduction a 100 damage hit would normally deal 50, if a cannon had 50% penetration then the resist would be lowered to 25% and target would take 75.
- Grant Beams Improved Accuracy. They will ignore a % of the targets bonus defense when making the 'to hit' roll.

This would completely change the sustain/spike/etc aspect of the game, IMHO.
Captain
# 2
02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Hello all, I have recently been reading several of the threads related to damage, ship viability, and others and have seen various complaints mainly related to just how frelling tanky everything has become.

This is my comprehensive solution to the problem(s).

- Remove shield regeneration bonus from shield power. Link it to Auxiliary Power instead.
- Rework bonus defense. Half of it's value should be determined by engine power, other half from current speed.

- Grant Cannons Resistance Penetration. They will ignore a % of the targets resistance when dealing damage. So if enemy has 50% reduction a 100 damage hit would normally deal 50, if a cannon had 50% penetration then the resist would be lowered to 25% and target would take 75.
- Grant Beams Improved Accuracy. They will ignore a % of the targets bonus defense when making the 'to hit' roll.

This would completely change the sustain/spike/etc aspect of the game, IMHO.
Turnrate used to be linked to aux it would be interesting if that was brought back. Though the issue w/that and your suggestion to link shield regen to aux power is there are many ways to gain power.

Please clarify if you're talking about all cannons or a specific group. Imo, DHCs wouldn't need this boost.

There were times Beams never missed, imo it wasn't a fun time.

I'd be interested in the power change you suggested as well as potentionally moving turnrate back to aux. Though, I worry plas leech/Energy Siphon and other gains would make this a modest at best change.
Captain
# 3
02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Shorter version before I head off to Mirror land to level up that last toon some:

For the Defense change (speed/eng power):

Are you looking at 22.5% for 24 impulse and it being penalized below 24 still? Or would that change?
Are you looking at 22.5% for 100/100 or 100/x eng power and being penalized below 100? Or some other power level?

With the change to defense, would you also change accuracy? Otherwise you're going to increase damage being done through accuracy overflow...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit

Last edited by virusdancer; 02-11-2013 at 04:52 PM.