Career Officer
# 1 Torp-B'rel in PuG PvP?
02-13-2013, 05:45 AM
What exactly is so horribly wrong bringing a Sci-Torp-B'rel (yeah, with nerfed tric mines and mostly useless Sci Powers) to PuG PvP ?
Career Officer
# 2
02-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientnr0 View Post
What exactly is so horribly wrong bringing a Sci-Torp-B'rel (yeah, with nerfed tric mines and mostly useless Sci Powers) to PuG PvP ?
Besides the things you've pointed out, I'm not sure. What's the ship name? Maybe THAT'S the problem?

I.K.S. PUGSUCK may not be the 'win friends and influence people' name to go with.

I'm sure someone here can help you get to the bottom of this, if they just had more info to go on.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Career Officer
# 3
02-13-2013, 10:06 AM
LOL
no its not the name for sure.
Im not using such things for names

It is more the whining from the Feds or even "Team"-mates just for using Tric-Mines & Torps. Wich works alarming good because nobody seems to use any counters or even tries to evade my Mines. Even though they know that i am around.
Captain
# 4
02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Plenty of people still find tric mines a bit offensive.

Honestly throw some quantums on there mines and torps.

3 quantum 1 harpang
1 quantum mines + one breen / time torp / tric torp

Thats been my favorite setup for awhile. With 3 Quantum dmg units the quantum mines do a very decent amount of dmg... and people are even more likely to run them over.

I haven't played it in a bit but I think the base dmg on my Quantum torps all min maxed out with dmg units is just under 9k unbuffed.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 5
02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
So not wanting to buy just another ship I was planning on buying a Brel for cruising around in pvp

I don't play high level(expensive) pvp I just pug and Kerrat

Is it workable to run one and kill people and be a functional part of a team

Now I know I'm not going to be running top of the line for dps or spike damage but then again in my other bops I didn't but I always was there abouts top of the pile on kills
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 6
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM
its main advantage is the fact that it can fire torps and use many sci-powers without decloaking. it decloaks for 3 sec and than cloaks again. so its really only useful as a torp-bop.
It IS fun with trics and with the right timing you'll have tons of dmg/kills if you are part of a team

For the normal DHC madness the hegh'ta (wich is free) is better.

In the next days i will test some other combinations ...and the amount of whining