Survivor of Remus
# 1 Bring back Crystaline Entity
02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Crystaline Entity MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared!

It still wanders blindly in Alpha Centari, but, no way to join. Realisticly, the NPC still exists, and id imagine the instance still exists too. Re-add it as a Private Queue (no public queue)

To people who don't like CE, Don't complain, DONT PLAY IT. Period. Just because you don't like X doesn't mean someone else cant enjoy it.

Backstory on supposedly Why its gone:
Players complain to cryptic "Crystalline entity is too hard, and there are idiots who join and ruin it"
Cryptic removes public Queue
A very small minority goes "Crystalline entity is impossible! IT CANT BE BEATEN FIX IT"
Cryptic removes it from private queue
An exploit allows u to access it using /commands and changing maps
Cryptic overhauls the UI, no longer accessible.

Poof CE is still gone, its trophy is the only memory of its existence. SADNESS!!! CE was the ONLY hard Raid-like content in STO. We need more instances like CE.

Last edited by brokenmirror2012; 02-14-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
BRING IT BACK!

I never noticed it had gone, although it does explain why I never see it in the event journal.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
We hope to bring it back at some point in the future (it's been gone since S6? Maybe S7?), but not until it's revamped. I don't have an ETA I can provide at this time, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Personally, since it was just annoying as hell to do and relied way to much on the overwhelming swarm tactic to beat you I'm glad its gone. However if its revamped to be challenging and not rely on fairly crappy tactics to beat you, I'd be interested.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We hope to bring it back at some point in the future (it's been gone since S6? Maybe S7?), but not until it's revamped. I don't have an ETA I can provide at this time, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Revamped? Why? Do you mean "nerfed"? What about some really elite content in STO?
Captain
# 6
02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Revamped? Why? Do you mean "nerfed"? What about some really elite content in STO?
The thing has needed a revamp since beta. It's not challenging, it's just a poorly designed encounter.
Survivor of Remus
# 7
02-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
DO NOT CHANGE CE. Period. Maybe add a 2nd CE instance "Classic CE" And "CE" don't you dare pull another STF change, 3 hour fun STFs --> 10 Minute Grinds

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DOOOOOO NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT change CE.
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
DO NOT CHANGE CE. Period. Maybe add a 2nd CE instance "Classic CE" And "CE" don't you dare pull another STF change, 3 hour fun STFs --> 10 Minute Grinds

well when you scream like that, Cryptic has to listen

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Empire Veteran
# 9
02-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
well when you scream like that, Cryptic has to listen
Hey it works for the foundry authors, doesn't it?

/rimshot
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post

I request that they DO change the CE. I would prefer that it look that the Crystalline Entity from the show and less like the emblem for 'Final Fantasy 13'.