Survivor of Romulus
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman, Hippiejohn and Greendragoon.

In Episode 2 we discuss the change in Foundry rewards (a little), top asset requests, going back and working on old missions, and more.

listen to it here and here:

Starbase UGC post here: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...tric-boogaloo/

Missions discussed:

Whats done in Darkness by BrantPreas08
And End to It Once and For All by Alfanx01
The Space Race by Wan5 (some of us actually played it this week)
Trojan Horse by Kirkfat
Return to Armageddon by Bluedarky
Once and Future Queen by Nepherim

Keep in mind that we record on a Wednesday, so this is from before much of the controversy hit and we don't delve into it much. In any case, we don't aim to be a controversy-based podcast, we want to talk about all aspects of the Foundry top to bottom, not limit ourselves to any one debate.

If you have a topic you'd like to see us cover or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Have you considered editing out skype noises?
Captain
# 3
02-15-2013, 01:11 AM
I approve of this podcast!

Not that I matter... but I still approve!
Rihannsu
# 4
02-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Oh, and since you asked so nicely.... I tinkered with "Treasure Hunt with Tetin" enough to be able to publish it last night. Enjoy.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
02-15-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm really enjoying this podcast.

You made a great point about storytelling, and IMHO that can sometimes make up for the fact that a new author can't be as sophisticated with the Foundry mechanics as an experienced one. Another thing I would suggest for new authors (as one myself) is to make sure that they do not overreach. It's better (IMHO) to do something simple and reliable than to attempt to do a complicated, glitzy effect that doesn't work or appears really clunky.

I think this may have something to do with why my mission, "Finding Lascaux (1/2)" succeeded in spite of the fact that the whole thing with the grinders was starting up right as I published. I also give my fleetmates a lot of credit, too. Something about it seems to have worked, and I'm really grateful to everyone who's played.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
It can also go the other way. My very first mission was actually too simple, lol. It was meant to be the first in a 5-part series, but I hadn't really put enough into part one. This was back when Foundry was new on Tribble. Filbones played it and gave me some excellent advice on how to flesh it out.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic