Ensign
# 1 Can't log on
02-15-2013, 01:28 AM
I need some help badly. For the last month or two every time I try to log onto STO is keeps saying that it can't connect to the patch server or something else. I usually try it about twice every day or once every couple of days. I haven't been able to play since about November or December. I have tried everything. Has someone else had this problem that can help out. I have tried sending messages to the Support people but all the stuff they want me to do I don't know how and it doesn't help.

Thanks
Ensign
# 2
02-18-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm getting similar problems. After Verifying the integrity of the game cache (Steam) to try and resolve a disconnecting/rubber banding problem, I try to open up the Client and I get a little message saying:

"Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient".

After about a minute an error pops up saying:

"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

Going into the local game files and running gameclient.exe starts the game but when I try to log in I get an error saying that the connection to the account server timed out, and to contact support.
Republic Veteran
# 3
02-19-2013, 12:26 AM
There is a workaround located here. - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=505501

It will update your launcher with the latest version. I had the same issue, but once I updated I no longer had the problem.
# 4
02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Does this work for mac "version" as well?
Ensign
# 5
02-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Okay, I might have posted in the wrong thread since I can't create new one, sorry. So I have problem with the game because it always transfers me to the eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com instead eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com where server is working. Every time I restart the launcher it brings me to eu1 and its completly annoying. Please help me with this.

Thank you.
Ensign
# 6
02-20-2013, 04:27 AM
You sir/ma'am, are a game saver. Cheers
Ensign
# 7
02-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Does not work for me. I have tried EVERYTHING in that post for updating your launcher. Nothing works. I get stuck at the "patching" part. Can't hit cancel, if I ALT-TAB-DEL, and then try to reload the launcher (after waiting aboot 20 secs to a min) it says i need to shut down STO before I can re-log. I basically have to shutdown Steam and load Steam to be able to do anything. I have no issues with any other game. Did the verify integrity and it updated 2 files (1 GB) and still doesn't work.

I will take any help or advice. I have tried EVERYTHING posted on the forums and nothing seems to work (even shut down puter and restarted).