Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 408
Since the Officer Reports mission no longer exists, there's no point in having this event clog up multiple hours in the daily schedule of events. I'd like to respectfully request that we remove this from the calendar and use the extra time to increase the Reputation Bonus event to 2 hours.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 2
02-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
Since the Officer Reports mission no longer exists, there's no point in having this event clog up multiple hours in the daily schedule of events. I'd like to respectfully request that we remove this from the calendar and use the extra time to increase the Reputation Bonus event to 2 hours.
Wow. That is sort of like a poke to a fresh wound isn't it? Hey, we killed the IOR mission..but today during hour X, complete it for bonus rewards!

D'oh!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 408
# 3
02-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Wow. That is sort of like a poke to a fresh wound isn't it? Hey, we killed the IOR mission..but today during hour X, complete it for bonus rewards!

D'oh!
You wouldn't be implying that Cryptic implemented sweeping changes without really thinking things through would you?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,468
# 4
02-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Pretty sure the hourly event only ever increased experience and EC.

No idea if it ever worked right but it should have had no bearing on the wrapper rewards at all.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 5
02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Pretty sure the hourly event only ever increased experience and EC.

No idea if it ever worked right but it should have had no bearing on the wrapper rewards at all.
Either way, the wrapper no longer exists, people are mad, and the event still being on the calendar isn't going to make Cryptic look any more like the professional, well-oiled machine they apparently aren't anyway.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 6
02-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Pretty sure the hourly event only ever increased experience and EC.

No idea if it ever worked right but it should have had no bearing on the wrapper rewards at all.
I never got anything out of it but higher level drops. I certainly didn't get more Dil or FMs. And if I did get more EC and XP it wasnt enough to be noticeable.

Regardless, I see no reason to keep it around. Replace it with an Academy event.
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,468
# 7
02-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I never got anything out of it but higher level drops. I certainly didn't get more Dil or FMs. And if I did get more EC and XP it wasnt enough to be noticeable.

Regardless, I see no reason to keep it around. Replace it with an Academy event.
Ok, perhaps it was loot drops that improve? Like i said i'm not 100% sure.

yes, fine lets get rid of it for something better. i agree with that.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 544
# 8
02-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Regardless, I see no reason to keep it around. Replace it with an Academy event.


LOL whut??? Forget the academy. Extend the Reputation event to two hours.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,459
# 9
02-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Wow. That is sort of like a poke to a fresh wound isn't it?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
Since the Officer Reports mission no longer exists, there's no point in having this event clog up multiple hours in the daily schedule of events. I'd like to respectfully request that we remove this from the calendar and use the extra time to increase the Reputation Bonus event to 2 hours.
People are upset because their exploitable source of fleet marks was taken away. Reputation has nothing to do with fleet marks except on the couple of missions that give both (Mine Trap).

It seems reasonably to me. Fleet marks time lasts 2 hours, reputation time should last 2 hours.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 10
02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
People are upset because their exploitable source of fleet marks was taken away. Reputation has nothing to do with fleet marks except on the couple of missions that give both (Mine Trap).

It seems reasonably to me. Fleet marks time lasts 2 hours, reputation time should last 2 hours.
You're missing the point.

You can't do the event because the mission wrapper is no longer available. Why/how isn't really the issue. I'm saying people are mad about it regardless of their reasons and to still have it pop on the calendar makes Cryptic look silly and like they are sorta rubbing it in.

Not to mention that it once again shows how dysfunctional they are internally. One group gets rid of the IOR wrapper and apparently can't be bothered to communicate it to the calendar-minion so that the impossible-to-do event can be removed from the calendar and the time slot can be allocated to something that can be - you know - actually completed in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 AM.