Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 416
# 1 My STF Vesta Build
02-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Thought I'd share the build I use in Elite STF's. Good survivability. Shields take a good beating except against invisible one shot torpedoes.


Character Class: Science

Type of Ship: Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer: Vesta Class


Link to Skill Planner Profile:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=motmmsv_237

Power Settings:
W: 47/25
S: 67/50
E: 52/25
A: 125 (133)/100

Duty Officer Space Slots
  • Flight Deck Officer (Intercept)
  • Science Team
  • Science Team
  • Science Team
  • BOff Buffs

Deflector: Assimilated Deflector Array Mk XI
Shields: Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array [Adapt][Capx2][ResB]
Impulse Engine: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XI

Devices:
  • Red Matter Capacitor
  • Shield Battery
  • Subspace Field Modulator

Fore Weapon Slots:
  • Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]
  • Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]
  • Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]

Aft Weapon Slots:
  • Adv Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD] [Dmgx2]
  • Adv Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD] [Dmgx2]
  • Adv Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD] [Dmgx2]

Engineering Consoles:
  • Neutronium Alloy Mk XI
  • SIF Generator Mk XI

Science Consoles:
  • Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module
  • Quantum Field Focus Controller
  • Emitter Array Mk XI
  • Emitter Array Mk XI
  • Field Generator Mk XI

Tactical Consoles:
  • Phaser Relay Mk XI
  • Phaser Relay Mk XI
  • Phaser Relay Mk XI

Hangar:
  • Elite Scorpion Fighters
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 840
# 2
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
I use Romulan plasma beam arrays and dual beam banks with the Omega torp and Borg Kinetic Cutting beam with mine along with the Adapted MACO space set (Basically a Fed version of the KHG space set).
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 548
# 3
02-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemike View Post
I use Romulan plasma beam arrays and dual beam banks with the Omega torp and Borg Kinetic Cutting beam with mine along with the Adapted MACO space set (Basically a Fed version of the KHG space set).
The OP most likely went with Phasers to boost the damage of the Quantum Field Focus Beam.


I don't always play Star Trek Online, but when I do, I'm grinding Argala.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 274
# 4
02-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Why do people throw around Red Matter Capacitor as if everyone has access to that?

For once I'd like to see a build out not surrounded by privileged items.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
# 5
02-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unikon View Post
Why do people throw around Red Matter Capacitor as if everyone has access to that?

For once I'd like to see a build out not surrounded by privileged items.
You can still buy the Collector's Edition off Amazon for pretty cheap. Probably could substitute the Red Matter Cap for a Aux and Weapons combo battery for most of the cases I use it for on the Vesta (though those are consumable, and share a cooldown with either sub-type last I checked).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168
# 6
02-18-2013, 02:58 PM
I am interested in possibly making a Vesta based on this build. But my only question is this: Why are you using Turrets in your aft weapon slots instead of Mines or some other Projectile Weapon? I assume that you know Turrets require Weapon Systems Power and not Auxiliary Systems Power while your Dual Heavy Cannons of choice require Auxiliary Systems Power.

I would assume you would be using Mines or another Projectile that slows, or incapacitates your opponents or does significant amounts of damage so as to prevent them from running away from your cannons. I would also assume you would want to utilize Bridge Officer Powers that assist in disabling your opponent (While also using your Auxiliary Systems Power to power themselves) so that you can enable your Cannons to come to bear far more frequently.
______________________________
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
# 7
02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer View Post
I am interested in possibly making a Vesta based on this build. But my only question is this: Why are you using Turrets in your aft weapon slots instead of Mines or some other Projectile Weapon? I assume that you know Turrets require Weapon Systems Power and not Auxiliary Systems Power while your Dual Heavy Cannons of choice require Auxiliary Systems Power.

I would assume you would be using Mines or another Projectile that slows, or incapacitates your opponents or does significant amounts of damage so as to prevent them from running away from your cannons. I would also assume you would want to utilize Bridge Officer Powers that assist in disabling your opponent (While also using your Auxiliary Systems Power to power themselves) so that you can enable your Cannons to come to bear far more frequently.
You still have *some* weapon power no matter what you do, and the turrets run off that. They may not give as good of performance as they'd if you had full power to weapons, but they're the only weapons besides the Kinetic Cutting Beam that can be put in the aft weapon spots and shoot forward. If you can get 50 power to them via skills and/or gear they do thier rated damage.

In STFs, it's fairly trivial to get the Borg in your forward arc and just pound on them with the Dual cannons. With mines you have to get fairly close, which makes you at risk for a taking a HY torp that you otherwise might have avoided. With torps aft, you have to spin or do passing runs, limiting the damage your forward arc weapons are doing, particularly the 45 degree dual cannons.

As for lockdown, it can be a handy optional saver to have them, but you shouldn't need too many. I run only Gravity Well 3 as a BOff power for damage/holds, and then the Rademaker console for emergencies (like for a generator popped way early in Infected). The bigger stuff like cubes pretty much ignore whatever you throw at them disable/hold wise unless you run them out of subsystem power completely. I also have Advanced Danubes, and their tractors sometimes help with slowing enemies down, but only one at a time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 8
02-19-2013, 05:43 AM
I have two problems with your build. You have skills in attack pattern with no bridge officer skill that is buffed by it, and you have no points in particle generator. This skill boost damage from your gravity well and some of your vesta gear. I would respec. I would also loose one of your phaser relays for a isometric charge console. Make sure you use it when multiple (especially four or more) target are in your GW3. The last portion of you iso charge is a aoe.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 9
02-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
You still have *some* weapon power no matter what you do, and the turrets run off that. They may not give as good of performance as they'd if you had full power to weapons, but they're the only weapons besides the Kinetic Cutting Beam that can be put in the aft weapon spots and shoot forward. If you can get 50 power to them via skills and/or gear they do thier rated damage.
you are still losing great amounts of dps with turrets at 50 weapon power (hell, you would lose high amounts with turrets at 100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
In STFs, it's fairly trivial to get the Borg in your forward arc and just pound on them with the Dual cannons. With mines you have to get fairly close, which makes you at risk for a taking a HY torp that you otherwise might have avoided. With torps aft, you have to spin or do passing runs, limiting the damage your forward arc weapons are doing, particularly the 45 degree dual cannons.
if you are not getting close to stuff in stfs, you are doing something wrong. and if you are hit with a high yield torp in the Vesta, while doing that, you are doing something extremely wrong
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,471
# 10
02-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Thought I'd share the build I use in Elite STF's. Good survivability. Shields take a good beating except against invisible one shot torpedoes.


Character Class: Science

Type of Ship: Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer: Vesta Class


Link to Skill Planner Profile:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=motmmsv_237

Power Settings:
W: 47/25
S: 67/50
E: 52/25
A: 125 (133)/100

Duty Officer Space Slots
  • Flight Deck Officer (Intercept)
  • Science Team
  • Science Team
  • Science Team
  • BOff Buffs

Deflector: Assimilated Deflector Array Mk XI
Shields: Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array [Adapt][Capx2][ResB]
Impulse Engine: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XI

Devices:
  • Red Matter Capacitor
  • Shield Battery
  • Subspace Field Modulator

Fore Weapon Slots:
  • Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]
  • Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]
  • Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]

Aft Weapon Slots:
  • Adv Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD] [Dmgx2]
  • Adv Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD] [Dmgx2]
  • Adv Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [CrtH] [CrtD] [Dmgx2]

Engineering Consoles:
  • Neutronium Alloy Mk XI
  • SIF Generator Mk XI

Science Consoles:
  • Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module
  • Quantum Field Focus Controller
  • Emitter Array Mk XI
  • Emitter Array Mk XI
  • Field Generator Mk XI

Tactical Consoles:
  • Phaser Relay Mk XI
  • Phaser Relay Mk XI
  • Phaser Relay Mk XI

Hangar:
  • Elite Scorpion Fighters
Some concerns:

1) Devices: You need a Weapons Battery somewhere in there. The Weapons Battery should supplement the lower weapons power used by your secondary (turret) weapons.
2) Power: Should be 45/30/25/100.
3) Science Consoles: Get rid of the Multi-dimensional console, and use the Fermion console instead.
4) DOFFs: You need more shield distribution officers, IMO.

Also, since you didn't post a BOFF ability layout, I suggest you have Aux to SIF, EP to Aux, Hazard Emitters, EP to Shields, EP to Weapons, and at least one Tactical Team. (in addition to the obvious choice of CSV/CRF)

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 AM.