Captain
With steadily improving starbase and embassy facilities, and an increasing and active membership, Sol Trade Consortium is an established fleet with something to offer hard-core and casual players alike.

We're a fleet with a casual organization - all you need to do is log on to the game and say "hi" once in a while, though we'd certainly like to see you in our fleet activities, too! We hold regular events for training and live practice in STF elites, and we have hard-core players who'll show you how to handle those with ease. And there are informal calls for group events at any time in our lively chat channel, from STFs to epohh tagging to spontaneous partying at the embassy.

Above all, we're here to help each other out. Even our long-time VAs with plenty of experience remember what it was like to be new and baffled, so you can ask for help or advice on any subject, and be sure of getting a helpful response. Want opinions on the best load-out for a Chimera Heavy Destroyer? We can do that. Want to know how to find Admiral Quinn? We can do that too.... Members, after an initial probation period (just to weed out the bank raiders!) have access to a well-stocked bank and well-provisioned bases, and even if you're still a new recruit, you can often find someone online who'll help out with supplies and equipment. (In keeping with the "Trade" bit, quite a few officers have Tuffli freighters, and can assist with the facilities those offer.)

What don't we do? Well, we try to keep group chat clear of contentious subjects (politics, religion, "adult" matters), and, while we've nothing against roleplaying, we try not to have heavy interpersonal Drama. And, though we don't require people to be over eighteen, we do ask for a little maturity... whatever your age.

But, in the end... we're here to have fun. And if you'd like to come have some fun with us, we'd love to have you.

Find out more at our website ([http://thestc.ucoz.com/]), contact any of our officers in-game :-

@Dailek
@mikehadfield
@sqwishedgrape
@taratheslayer
@The_Feelgood
@jakraziel
@mosul33
@ranvage
@valiah
@grymirwolf
@Chelandra
@shevet

or leave a message on this thread!

Last edited by shevet; 03-29-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-18-2013, 09:00 AM
In fact, today is the fleet's first anniversary! - hey, that counts as "established", doesn't it? We all know Internet years are like dog years .

Games of New Romulus hide and seek have been organized, in honour of the occasion.
Captain
# 3
02-21-2013, 06:56 AM
And there are plans afoot to set up an out-of-game chat channel - you know, for these times when the servers are down and you can't get into STO.

Or, of course, you can go outside into the sunlight. Heck, with a wi-fi connection, you can do both. We don't judge
Captain
# 4
03-01-2013, 10:44 AM
The offline chat service on the website is now a glorious reality. And very spiffy it is too.

Next step, providing a voice chat service so that the dulcet tones of our teams can be heard in-game. You know you want to hear them!

Also, content is appearing on the website: our first guide to one of the STFs, written by an expert, is up there now. There will be more. Stay tuned, watch this space, and all that sort of thing.
Captain
# 5
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
To add to the fun, we are now setting up a chat channel which will include our KDF-side counterparts, the Orion Trade Consortium (of glorious fame and epic reputation).

So... if you want to talk to Klinks, you can. Good, innit?
Captain
# 6
03-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Still here, still open for business - still, in fact, growing; chat channels positively overflowing with helpful discussions of how best to wipe out the Borg in STFs, along with the usual entertaining chatter.

Recent recruitment means, of course, new resources coming into the Fleet projects; the link-up between the starbase and the embassy has proved wonderfully useful, and we are looking forward to the imminent completion of our Tier 4 shipyard. (And, miracle of miracles, it remains well-stocked.)

Chat channels are up and running, so we can talk to the Klinks... and, no doubt, soon to the Romulans as well. Will wonders never cease?

There's still room, though, for fresh blood! (Red, green, or proper Andorian blue - we don't discriminate. )
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Been following your thread. Finally ready to join a fleet and I like the vibe you portray. How do I Sign-up?
Captain
# 8
12-05-2013, 08:05 AM
*sigh* I really ought to watch this thread more closely, oughtn't I? In-game messages to handles like @shevet, @tarastheslayer, @sqwishedgrape or @jakraziel will likely be the best way to get in touch - these being the fleet officers that I a) remember off the top of my head and b) are most often online.

In other news... well, we progress: dilithium mine is now done (my Andorian looks so fetching in the miner outfit) and the Spire is going through T1 upgrade.

The instructional and demo videos section in our website has grown, now covering the main tactics for the major ESTFs... and, we have an ongoing project where two of our more (ahem) dedicated members - I think that's the right word; can't say "committed" until two doctors have signed the forms - are running KAGE as a two-man team.

Also, there have been a few changes to the in-game events; the training sessions are sort of mutating into a "rep burn" event, where people can sign up to go through events with the object of accumulating as many reputation marks as possible... and, obviously, you get practice in doing that event, too. I have personally been shot out of the sky several times in the Crystalline Entity event, which is not one I do too often. (And, when you see me explode in it, you'll know why.)