Ensign
Ahoy,

part of the amusement - as well as the ability to find people engaging in roleplay - while playing STO stems from the ability to read the personal record of other people.

You know, clicking that little "i" on their portrait / ship icon or right clicking and hitting "info".

Since a few maintenances ago, this will not load (all) the data or even the portrait of the character in question on the new window that then pops up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it loads it partially.

I could not establish any rhyme or reason to it, and there is no pattern that I could observe.

My ping to the server with a tracert is <120ms with no packet loss, and I am experience no other issues playing.

Is this a known problem? Has it been reported (and if not, where to report it to?)? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot for your assistance!
Republic Veteran
# 2
02-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Interestingly enough, I have the same issue. I never thought much of it though because I have noticed most people don't fill in their biography. I do for the fun of it and people seem to really like that I do that to keep a little RP going.

If anyone comes up with a fix, please let me know!
# 3
02-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear I am not the only one.
About 90% of all players do not load at all for me in open space.
About 5% loads partially.
About 5% loads completly.

When I am at Qonos or earth Spacedock its more along the lines of 40%/10%/40%.

It seems however fixing the loading problem with personal records are not prioritized.
The user formerly known as Khern!
I hate the fact Perfect World force-joined STO and PW accounts...
Captain
# 4
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
I have the issue also. I can't even load my own bio most of the time. I gave up trying to load others bio's, figured it was working as intended, and I didn't need to know others info.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-25-2013, 07:11 AM
So it isn't just me then. This has been going on for a few months now, I think I first noticed this around the time s7 went live although I could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 6
02-25-2013, 07:15 AM
If you use a shuttle as a second craft it will list the shuttle and then the rest of the stats. If you have no active shuttle redied it will list () for ship type and no bio. Seems to be since they changed the ability to jump to your shuttle for Season 7 I believe, but was borked even earlier. It's not fixed because nobody cares I guess.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html