Lt. Commander
# 1 anywhere else to download???
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
So i got a beta key from game stop. tried to DL from file planet and after 3 hours it has completed 300mb. I am trying the STO downloader but its not much better. my comp can handle the DL and I have a good internet connection. at this rate it will literally take all week to DL. what are we supposed to do?

is there anywhere else to dl this thing from?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2010, 07:42 PM
We are still working with additional partner sites to get download mirrors up. Just watch the /download page, we will add them there are they are ready. The torrent downloader should speed up as more people have more blocks available.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Is there any reason why the STO downloader doesn't continue where it left off instead of starting over from scratch again?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Is there any reason why the STO downloader doesn't continue where it left off instead of starting over from scratch again?
As long as you give it the same folder, it does. You will see a "Processing" step as it re-checksums all the downloaded files, and then it will keep chugging along.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Man...I hope you guys find something. I have calculators that have faster DL rates. This is silly stupid slow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah I'm using the STO downloader and it hits around 28% then stops downloading. I'm assuming it's just the amount of people d/ling, so hopefully it'll work better later on tonight, or early morning hours.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incindir
So i got a beta key from game stop. tried to DL from file planet and after 3 hours it has completed 300mb. I am trying the STO downloader but its not much better. my comp can handle the DL and I have a good internet connection. at this rate it will literally take all week to DL. what are we supposed to do?

is there anywhere else to dl this thing from?
Im having the same problem, and cant get ahold of cryptic for support
Lt. Commander
# 8 dodnt use fileplanet
01-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Man.
I was looking forward to the beta.
Until is saw fileplanet for people who dodnt have the digital download.
Its stuck downloading, right after i installed there downloading program my computer start having problems like mouse not working every single usb is not working anymore. took me 2 hours to get my mouse and keybord back. still no response from my usb ports thank you fileplanet. ( not the first time i had this with them). so only use it if your sure you wanna risk you computer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Use a solid torrent app like utorrent, bittornado, etc ... some clients you guys might be using could be very outdated and lacking features.

Torrents take time to achieve max speed.

You may need to manually open ports in your firewall(s) or setup port forwarding as needed. This goes beyond the scope of the support I can give you here.

From my past experience with utorrent and a friend whom just installed it tonite, it went in and the setup wizard checked for open port, etc ...all went well and he is downloading at 150-300k right now, which means he should be done by OB start time.

Limit your upstream to some degree to make sure your not killing your connection and hence your download speed. If you have a 512 up, try setting your upload cap at like 30-40k to be safe, etc...

I have no clue what it is now, but the torrent was showing 300 seeds, and over 10k peers a couple hrs ago ...thats an insane amount of ppls sharing data. If you get stuff setup right, throttle your traffic correctly, and don't have a ISP thats shaping your traffic you'll knock that client out in no time.

gluck
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 12:23 AM
i don't know what any of that means i just know how to put a disk in and install it