Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
# 1 DHC damage type
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
just want to get some info maybe from a turk rp scort driver or anyone else with in depth pvp knowlege. is there a preferred damage type that scorts prefer on dhcs? i noticed that phased polarons have 2 seperate decent procs on em.... does it really make a difference what dmg type you choose?
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 152
# 2
02-18-2013, 05:40 PM
No it doesnt make a difference what you choose so go nuts, BUT anything except plasma alone is fine. When I mean 'plasma alone' that means the weapon only does plasma damage which is not good in PvP b'cuz the majority of PvPers use ship gear, shields specifically, that have a fairly decent plasma energy type resistance. The only real exception is using plasma/disruptor hybrid weapons, where the main damage type is disruptor damage, while the extra proc it can give is the plasma DoT burn. That should answer your query.

Your welcome

Last edited by kronplah78; 02-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 3
02-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Phaser: I still find them powerful after the nerf. Dropping subsystems even for a couple seconds could mean the target is dead in the water, has no shields or cant heal.

Disruptor: I dont see this as much. The proc is good, but there are better choices IMHO

Polaron: Works well in conjunction with other drains. I think of it more like a "spread out" phaser effect. You arent going to shut the system down completely, but anything on such low power barely does anything.

Antiproton: Good for crit builds or the Vet ships with their inherrant accuracy bonus. You can only get 1 accuracy mod which makes them miss more than other weapons.

Tetryon: Dropping shields is always nice.

Plasma: Dont use plasma because most of the shields people use will have a 20% resistance.

The most common I see are phaser, tetryon and polaron.
There are weapons out there with double procs. You sacrifice 1 of the three mods for another proc. I think phased-tetryon or just phaser or tetryon is the best for an escort. I like [acc]x2 [crth] on my single proc weapons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 4
02-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronplah78 View Post
No it doesnt make a difference what you choose so go nuts, BUT anything except plasma alone is fine. When I mean 'plasma alone' that means the weapon only does plasma damage which is not good in PvP b'cuz the majority of PvPers use ship gear, shields specifically, that have a fairly decent plasma energy type resistance. The only real exception is using plasma/disruptor hybrid weapons, where the main damage type is disruptor damage, while the extra proc it can give is the plasma DoT burn. That should answer your query.

Your welcome
Absolutely nothing wrong with plasma now, with the introduction and implementation of fleet shields plasma has become totally relevant.

@s7ike
Turkish RP Heroes
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,270
# 5
02-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with plasma now, with the introduction and implementation of fleet shields plasma has become totally relevant.

@s7ike
Turkish RP Heroes
except the plasma DoT triggers the borg set and embassy console proc
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 6
02-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy1081 View Post
except the plasma DoT triggers the borg set and embassy console proc
You'll have to be a bit more specific when using "Borg set" proc.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,270
# 7
02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
You'll have to be a bit more specific when using "Borg set" proc.
Sorry, ill be more specific. Both the hull heal from the 2pc Borg set and the hull and shield heal from the 3pc Borg set and any other heal proc (including rep heals), all proc from any damage taken. This includes pet spam and plasma DoTs. That and what DDIS said about most people not currently having the elite fleet shields, I'd still have to say plasma still currently isn't a good choice for PvP.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,622
# 8
02-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with plasma now, with the introduction and implementation of fleet shields plasma has become totally relevant.

@s7ike
Turkish RP Heroes
we are far from the day the fleet elite shields become even common. the stf shields are still massively more used
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 9
02-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
we are far from the day the fleet elite shields become even common. the stf shields are still massively more used
I beg to differ, in the majority of arenas or 1v1's I've been in atleast half if not more are using fleet shield. Pugs for instance may have a lower usage rate of these shields but premade/pug mades use these shields on a continuing basis...and guess what they use ResA. But nevertheless it's always good practice to have multiple energy types at your disposal.

Last edited by s7ike; 02-21-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 10
02-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
I beg to differ, in the majority of arenas or 1v1's I've been in atleast half if not more are using fleet shield. Pugs for instance may have a lower usage rate of these shields but premade/pug mades use these shields on a continuing basis...and guess what they use ResA. But nevertheless it's always good practice to have multiple energy types at your disposal.
yes resA, for a reason. its resisting the best wep types used. no reason for resB because even tho your using that type against resA im still going to adapt to that crap as if im borg. not only that but if your using the wep types restsied by resB then your not going to make much of a diff any how. anti protons? what a joke. ide rather just use plasma and use ewp to close gaps.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 AM.