Republic Veteran
Just read this in the news a minute ago. I know that its not a lot to have to think about, but I assume that we'll be kept up to date on anything drastic that might be cause for concern?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1205...p?source=yahoo
Captain
# 2
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Rihannsu
# 3
02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Quite honestly, if you want to stay informed about the financial health of PW, then the STO forums are the LAST place to bother with reading.

Oh, and based on history over the last few years, you won't read anything here in these forums until it's been reported or leaked elsewhere.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure what the news is here, given that the article references a trend that's been measurable for a long while.

Rest assured, however, that if something big were to happen, we'd know about it. The change from Atari to PWE wasn't a surprise.
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
by reading the article it looks mostly like its from anti-cheat implementation and strict chinese regulations. and notice they dont mention much outside the chinese side of the business?

my guess is that they didnt take PWE's stuff into account?
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Um because the item/ content/time model works. The lockbox model is fleeting and not a way to base your company profits.
Captain
# 7
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Looks to me like the feddies aren't buying enough shineys. We KDF'rs were long ago discounted by PWE as any kind of revenue source so...

GO BUY STUFF FEDDIES !!!!
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Why do you think you're entitled to be kept informed of anything?
Are you a stockholder?
They told us very little during the "Year of Hell"
They will tell us what they can, when they can.
Rihannsu
# 9
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Part of the reason income dropped was likely because they've been buying companies like Cryptic.
Empire Veteran
# 10
02-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Um because the item/ content/time model works. The lockbox model is fleeting and not a way to base your company profits.
This can be a good thing for players of PWE games perhaps this will lead to the return of account based unlocks and being able to buy new items from the Zen Store and not having to open Luck Boxes

PWE and Cryptic have been trying to shake us down for every penny for the last couple of years and maybe now they'll see that offering us the items that we want at a fair price maybe a better route for them to take going foward.

Besides the Steam Bundel I have not spent any money in STO in about 2 years.

Luck boxes just are not my thing and I want more in exchange for my hard earned dollars than a chance.