Career Officer
# 1 KDF Loggers?
02-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Noticed this week quite a lot of instances of KDF players in Kerrat apparently logging off just as they are about to explode. They appear shortly afterward in another part of the map, is this actually a log off or is there some other ability I am unaware of that can make them disappear? It is not battle cloak, it is not the Rom Quantum Singularity or mask energy signature. Sometimes they just vanish instantly other times the ship appears to halt on roll over before fading away. What gives?

Not seen any Fed players do it yet so hence wondering if it's a new KDF ability.

Cheers

PS This is not a have a go at smelly klinks thread, just trying to get to the bottom of it so consturctive replies please.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Commander
# 2
02-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Suppose it's an error. I saw something simmilar on cmdr. lvl pvp so no consoles or super abilities, and MES/cloak are easy to recognize. Sometimes KDFers were simply vanishing just to either appear a somewhere else (not far away) a second later (to fast for this to be log off/log in). Pretty pissing when you are abot to press space. It's not dependant on the hull or shield level. Sometimes it happens on beginning of the fight.

I saw it only in Arena, never in Ker'rat or C&H, but I thought it's my GPU going crazy and ignored it. And it was only happening on ships with cloak. Never saw non-Klingon ships doing it. Only Raptors, BoPs, K'T'Ingas etc. Gorn and Nausicaan ships never done this.

Some cloak bug?

Last edited by zarathos1978; 02-21-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
02-21-2013, 04:21 AM
That about sums it up yes. I asked in zone chat but the guy didn't answer on each occasion making me think it was more towards the logging off. next time will be ready with the handle so I can send a tell to see if he has logged or not.

Career Officer
# 4
02-21-2013, 04:44 AM
Is the talon back on the klingons side?
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-21-2013, 04:49 AM
It's the PvP queue popping.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 6
02-21-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Unless they appear a minute later, then yes, this.
Career Officer
# 7
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
I would accept this if it wasn't alwyas at the critical moment of destruction, no queue call is so consistently fortuitous!

Career Officer
# 8
02-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

Not seen any Fed players do it yet so hence wondering if it's a new KDF ability.
I have seen a few feds log too lol.

2 days ago some fed sci cruiser kept doing it, but I did not mind
Captain
# 9
02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
I have seen a few feds log too lol.

2 days ago some fed sci cruiser kept doing it, but I did not mind
Was going to say, since I'm almost exclusively in Ker'rat with my KDF toons - this is something that I see Feds do frequently. I've even asked in zone here and there if Tal was back.

You can hit 125 Eng, EM, DOFF'd TT the APO3, EPtE, AtD... and they're likely doing that with Cell - then poof - disappear. Moments later, they're coming at you from another angle but generally the same direction (same half of the map)...

T5 Rom, MEF, logout?

I never really understood it - it's not like dying in STO matters in the least.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Stargazer-class Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Commander
# 10
02-21-2013, 10:02 AM
What they are doing has been around for a long time in PVP areas, there are even several youtube videos of players doing it. As soon as they are about to die they log off the game and then log right back in. And it puts them back at the spawn point. Sorry but it is an exploit that has been around for a long time.