Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
# 1 Reputation Store prices
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Dear Crypitc,

could you please explain to me why a purple Borg duty Officer that used to cost the equivalent of 4x 1024 dilithium ore now cost 15.000 refined Dilithium?

Same with the ground weapons: A ground weapon did cost 1 prototype borg salvage or 20 encrypted Borg chips, which translated into 2304 dilithium ore. Now the same weapons cost 9400 refined dilithium.

It might not be so bad if the cost were in omega marks, which would mean 1500 omega marks for the Borg duty officer or 940 omega marks for the ground weapons - Still overpriced. But you demand refined dilithium, which is needed at every turn for various fleet and reputation projects and has a very small bottleneck of about 8000 dilithium per day.

I will not speak about the prices in the Romulan reputation store, because there I have not previous figures. But I would like to point out that I do not shop in that store either.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
# 2
02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Well, It takes funds away from getting free zen. That might be the reason
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 3
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Hm... top tier weapons being expensive? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!

Seriously... the costs are justified. This is not Season 6 anymore. It is a completely different game with completely different rules. This gear is considered top tier, and as such will be costly. In many cases, it's not worth it, but in a select few it is. Not to sound like an ass, but suck it up and deal with it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
# 4
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Hm... top tier weapons being expensive? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!

Seriously... the costs are justified. This is not Season 6 anymore. It is a completely different game with completely different rules. This gear is considered top tier, and as such will be costly. In many cases, it's not worth it, but in a select few it is. Not to sound like an ass, but suck it up and deal with it.
You mean how you dealt with this game being Star Trek in name only?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 5
02-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smki View Post
You mean how you dealt with this game being Star Trek in name only?
Star Trek in name, in ship designs, and in characters/races/maps only yes. Everything else is basically just your classic MMO. Lots of fighting for no reason, laughable story and character development, damage obsession, and bruisers being king.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
# 6
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfexile1 View Post
Well, It takes funds away from getting free zen. That might be the reason
I do not convert to zen. Not enough dilithium after paying for various set pieces and starbase upgrades (I usually hit my daily dilithium conversion cap each day). If you have Dilithium to convert you either are not in a fleet or one big enough that people not putting in dilithium do not hinder the progress of the Starbase or do not need or want any of the various sets and items available through the reputation system.

Also these Zen are not free. Someone paid for them.

Quote:
Hm... top tier weapons being expensive? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!

Seriously... the costs are justified. This is not Season 6 anymore. It is a completely different game with completely different rules. This gear is considered top tier, and as such will be costly. In many cases, it's not worth it, but in a select few it is. Not to sound like an ass, but suck it up and deal with it.
I did not complain about the prices of the set pieces, I complained about the price for the weapon you could use on the GROUND to grind for the resources to get the sets. The costs of these weapons are NOT justified. You get a weapon almost as good for a few thousand energy credits in the exchange. A fresh level 50 is supposed to outfit himself in these reputations stores. Also to get these stores you have to put in a lot of time and resources. I did it on 6 characters and it cost a few million energy credits and a few hundred omega marks.

Fortunatly I am already fully equipped. The pricing for the Borg duty officers (I own quite a few of them on all my characters) was just the dropped that shatter the barrel.

If they would half these prices it would still be overpriced.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 7
02-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
I did not complain about the prices of the set pieces, I complained about the price for the weapon you could use on the GROUND to grind for the resources to get the sets. The costs of these weapons are NOT justified. You get a weapon almost as good for a few thousand energy credits in the exchange. A fresh level 50 is supposed to outfit himself in these reputations stores. Also to get these stores you have to put in a lot of time and resources. I did it on 6 characters and it cost a few million energy credits and a few hundred omega marks.

Fortunatly I am already fully equipped. The pricing for the Borg duty officers (I own quite a few of them on all my characters) was just the dropped that shatter the barrel.

If they would half these prices it would still be overpriced.
Then stop complaining and just do what you proposed. These weapons are for those who have dil, not ECs, and most level fresh 50s tend to have more dil than ECs if this is their first character. Herp... a... derp!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 866
# 8
02-22-2013, 05:14 AM
If you think the rep store stuff is too expensive, don't buy it.

I have Mk 12 Romulan space weapons, which I think are great and totally worth the price. The rest of the stuff I think is a waste of time and resources, because there are better and cheaper alternatives out there. So I haven't unlocked them.

I don't come here to complain how the stuff I don't want is too expensive and I could get better and cheaper on the exchange or fleet starbase. That would be stupid. Instead, I go get the better and cheaper stuff on the exchange and fleet starbase.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
# 9
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
If you think the rep store stuff is too expensive, don't buy it.
Wow, Just, Wow.

I don't think that is a fair thing to say, At all.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 525
# 10
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
could you please explain to me why a purple Borg duty Officer that used to cost the equivalent of 4x 1024 dilithium ore now cost 15.000 refined Dilithium?
Cryptic Math(c).

The same math that gives you shuttles with higher hull strength than T1 starships. And the same math that gives you a 6-decade-old "Support" ship that is more powerful than a top-of-the-line Flagship cruiser.

And also the same math that tries to justify making you fork over 200,000 dilithium in order to infest your starbase with tribbles.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 PM.