Ensign
Yes, I'm a noob. Even moreso within the Foundry. I was testing out a map i'm developing, when i noticed that my Foundry character had dilithium. As a snap reaction i refined it, and then realized, "Hold on, my Foundry character?"

How does that work? i can't access the dilithium store or exchange as a Foundry character. I can't trade the dilithium to someone else.

Where did I get the dilithium, and what do I do with it as a Foundry character?
Captain
# 2
02-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Basically you don't. Nothing can be transfered from the foundry to the live game.
Rihannsu
# 3
02-22-2013, 07:18 AM
actually you CAN access the dil store from the button in your inventory. My Foundry char has done that several times just because she doesn't have decent gear... But once you buy it only your foundry char can use it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Dilithium is also useful for picking up non-generic Boffs.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 5
02-22-2013, 04:01 PM
I would prefer it if you could just use a regular character in the Foundry (perhaps by cloning them into it) and just have no rewards or any drops occure in the Foundry itself.
Ensign
# 6
02-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I would prefer it if you could just use a regular character in the Foundry (perhaps by cloning them into it) and just have no rewards or any drops occure in the Foundry itself.
I agree. The devs could have you log in as a toon, then decide if you'll enter the galaxy or work on the Foundry. Or they could have Foundry "access points" on starbases, as well as at the various holodecks throughout the galaxy. The access points could include places for authors to post their work, as well as options to subscribe and browse specific authors' works. But Quark's Bar doesn't even have holosuites yet. So it'll be a while.

Now if, at the very least, I could use the dilithium exchange to turn that dilithium into Zen, and then either spend the Zen or transfer it to my normal characters (which you can do between two normal toons, I hear), that would at least be a solution. I can't believe the devs wouldn't think of that.

How did I evenget dilithium in the first place, anyway?