Career Officer
# 1 BOff Pathing Issue
02-23-2013, 07:34 AM
I have run into a problem when publishing a mission. Here's a brief setup:

I have a building block that is the floor. I have Generic Walls for walls and two Federation Slidey-Doors for a door. The slidey-door that is first visible is the one that will not open, it is always closed. After some interacts with objects, the closed slidey-door disappears and is replaced by a slidey-door that will open. On the other side of this slidey-door is a building block ramp leading down.

When I try to go through the door with my BOffs, they run off to the side of the door and then get stuck as if they are trying to go through the wall. I have many other slidey-doors on this map and they all work fine with BOff pathing, only this one is messed up.

My mission is unpublished at the moment and the ID is HQ7JQ5IID. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
Lieutenant
# 2
02-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Well, in the editor they never wanna go through doors anyway.
However there's been an issue fund this past week where some "Building Block" pieces aren't taking the pathing info.

Building Block Ramp 40x40x80 01, as far as i know, is the only "confirmed" one to have issues, but i, too, am having issues, and i don't use that particular piece.

These are the bug threads i know of, regarding this issue.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=552371

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=559231
Career Officer
# 3
02-24-2013, 05:50 AM
I went back and edited the map so that the doorway is not right up against the ramp and the BOffs still have the issue of not being able to find the door. If I can line them up right, they'll walk right through it, but if they have to find it on their own, they are hopeless.
Career Officer
# 4
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I finally was able to fix my problem. As I had it, the closed door was visible immediately and the door that would open was not visible immediately. After a certain trigger, the door that would open would become visible and the closed door would go invisible.

As soon as I had the door that would open be visible immediately (hidden .2 behind the closed door), my BOffs were able to path through it once the closed door went invisible. I guess the Foundry wasn't able to draw a path for them through an openable door since it was visible immediately.
Career Officer
# 5
02-24-2013, 03:12 PM
And I just ran into the exact same problem again, only this time with a door that is visible immediately. It does disappear and is replaced with a closed door after a trigger, however. I may try to just have the closed door become visible and hide the open-able door behind the closed one like I did above. At the moment, my BOffs run into the corner of the door-wall piece and then sometimes jump up over the ceiling and come through.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2013, 08:32 PM
same here but need 2 stop the foundy missions kickin me out of the game first http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=531101