Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 196
Curious as to what everyone thinks about this.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
# 2
02-23-2013, 08:50 AM
There already is playable humans...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 294
# 3
02-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I think OP means a Human on the KDF side. This could work, there are already Human Doffs.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 4
02-23-2013, 09:11 AM
For me, Human should be Fed-only. If you can find canon examples (even in-game ones, which isn't "real" canon*) of a Human in the KDF that isn't a DOff or a BOff, I'll maybe change my mind.

I definitely think we need more races to pick from, but Humans... not for me, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoid View Post
I think OP means a Human on the KDF side. This could work, there are already Human Doffs.
You can't give a faction a captain race based on the fact DOffs are available of that species. If you could, we'd also have access to Bolian, Tellarite, Cardassian, Reman, Jem'Hadar, Tholian, and loads more.



*Such as the Ferengi standing around in the First City being justification for KDF-playable lobe-bearers.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,753
# 6
02-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Maquis on KDF side.
Maquis were freedom fighters, If anything I'd imagine any future versions would be involved in guerilla actions AGAINST the Klingon Empire.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 7
02-24-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
For me, Human should be Fed-only. If you can find canon examples (even in-game ones, which isn't "real" canon*) of a Human in the KDF that isn't a DOff or a BOff, I'll maybe change my mind.

I definitely think we need more races to pick from, but Humans... not for me, sorry.
Riker was "temporarily" Captain of a Klingon Bird of Prey. Originally assigned as an Exchange Officer, and First Officer of the ship, he assumed the role of Captain, after it's original Captain was relieved for having plotted to destroy the Enterprise. A rather cowardly act, from a supposed ally, wouldn't you say?

Humans for KDF? Why not... We already have Klingons for FED.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,171
# 8
02-24-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Riker was "temporarily" Captain of a Klingon Bird of Prey. Originally assigned as an Exchange Officer, and First Officer of the ship, he assumed the role of Captain, after it's original Captain was relieved for having plotted to destroy the Enterprise. A rather cowardly act, from a supposed ally, wouldn't you say?

Humans for KDF? Why not... We already have Klingons for FED.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_officer

"An exchange officer is a commissioned officer in a country's armed forces who is temporarily attached to a unit of the armed forces of another country."

Riker was not part of the KDF.
He did not wear their uniform or insignia.

As opposed to Worf who was an actual Starfleet officer.

I'm also for augmented Klingons.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,281
# 9
02-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
For me, Human should be Fed-only. If you can find canon examples (even in-game ones, which isn't "real" canon*) of a Human in the KDF that isn't a DOff or a BOff, I'll maybe change my mind.

Well you can't find canon examples of Orions, Nausicans or Gorn in the KDF either... Canon was out the window before launch...

I definitely think we need more races to pick from, but Humans... not for me, sorry.

Dont use it

You can't give a faction a captain race based on the fact DOffs are available of that species. If you could, we'd also have access to Bolian, Tellarite, Cardassian, Reman, Jem'Hadar, Tholian, and loads more.

The FED already have playable Klingon captains... It's in the C-Store... Go check if you don't belive me... They were introduced along with the Ferengi a week after launch.

Yet we don't have Gorn, Nausicans or Orions either...

STO wise, your argument is (sorry) invalid


*Such as the Ferengi standing around in the First City being justification for KDF-playable lobe-bearers.
Answers above in orange, spoken from a FED player.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,171
# 10
02-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Answers above in orange, spoken from a FED player.
We have TWO sources of background for STO:
Trek Canon and "The Path to 2409" (STO's own canon).
How the Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan etc ended up with the KDF is explained in the latter.
So is how the Klingons and Ferengi ended up with the Feds.
So there is an extended "canon" reason for how things are in STO.
There is none for humans so your argument "canon went out fo the window" is not valid in itself.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.