Republic Veteran
# 1 Romulans are coming...?
02-23-2013, 11:29 AM
So ... uhh..

Rommies??

Pleaseohpleaseohplease....

I've been waiting/wanting/begging for a Romulan faction since closed Beta...

Rihannsu
# 2
02-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Hehe.... you're not alone there. but we don't know yet.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3 No Romies yet
02-23-2013, 11:39 AM
First patch will upgrade KDF Big Time !!!
Career Officer
# 4
02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, yes they are coming. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't want them, or is too much of a conspiracy theorist in that they believe it's some great Cryptic hoax. Ignore these people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2013, 11:53 AM
All signs point to yes, but nothing's been stated outright.

Now sit back, relax, and wait for "Romulan Faction Thread #8642947".
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
They wouldn't be the only ones coming by the sound of it. o.O
Captain
# 7
02-23-2013, 12:03 PM
There is something about Romulans in the May update, but whether it is a playable Romulan faction is not known. All I know is that if they introduce a playable Romulan faction without completing the KDF faction will cause a lot of KDF players to be seriously ticked off.
Career Officer
# 8
02-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Yes, yes they are coming. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't want them, or is too much of a conspiracy theorist in that they believe it's some great Cryptic hoax. Ignore these people.
Funny thing to say, when all you got to believe in, is based on a conspiracy theory ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
All signs point to yes, but nothing's been stated outright.

Now sit back, relax, and wait for "Romulan Faction Thread #8642947".
Which signs would that be ... Forum speculations about a Wallpaper ...

There is absolutely no official announcement 3 months before release ... and most signs point to "probably not" like this :

Quote:
Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.
we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction.
If and when we release a Romulan faction, ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I think folks are forgetting that at one point cryptic said that They have pretty much finished a Klingon Tutorial for the game, but the fact that They didn't have enough missions for the 1 to 20 leveling, caused Them to, not place it into the game at that time.

That was several 'Seasons' ago... it seems to me that by now, They probably have more than enough KDF-only missions on the back burner waiting to be added.

I'd be really surprised if come May, the Klingon starting point Isn't bumped back to level one.
Sorry i call BS on this one, I don't believe for a second Cryptic is working on KDF Content for the last Seasons and is holding it back till now ... I don't even believe they have a complete Tutorial ... all you might get in May is 1-2 Missions ... and I don't think they're gonna be KDF only like the Season 2 Stuff ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 02-24-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
This doesn't make much sense, since technically all we have to go one is a webpage with a logo and a slogan, nothing else.

I would say we need tapered expectations, especially when considering Cryptic's past with this game. All you are doing is setting yourself up for a major letdown.

If a Romulan faction comes, great. If it doesn't you all will be quick to blame Cryptic for getting your hopes up (and even I, as a very outspoken critic of Cryptic, would probably side with them).

Of course, we can only hope Cryptic decides to stop acting like the National Security Agency and just comes out and tells us yay or nay.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Rihannsu
# 10
02-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
This doesn't make much sense, since technically all we have to go one is a webpage with a logo and a slogan, nothing else.

I would say we need tapered expectations, especially when considering Cryptic's past with this game. All you are doing is setting yourself up for a major letdown.

If a Romulan faction comes, great. If it doesn't you all will be quick to blame Cryptic for getting your hopes up (and even I, as a very outspoken critic of Cryptic, would probably side with them).

Of course, we can only hope Cryptic decides to stop acting like the National Security Agency and just comes out and tells us yay or nay.
They won't do that until the may update is ready to release. Why? Because people nerdrage too much. If they tell us ANYTHING, it gets treated as an ironclad promise.... which is stupid(of us, the players). But stupid or not it happens. Thus they don't give us any data at all unless it's been triple checked and confirmed.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.