Ensign
# 1 No KDF Ship Pack?
02-24-2013, 04:52 PM
So I log on today because my friend told the new ship pack was released. I assumed it was the new KDF pack since federation already had 2 packs and KDF only had 1.......WOW was I surprised.

So now Feds have 3 packs and KDF only 1? How is that fair after KDF players waited patiently. I was one of those who assumed that we (KDF) would get our new ship pack next since feds just got the vesta.

I can't believe a game company would show this kind of blatant favoritism.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh4 View Post
So I log on today because my friend told the new ship pack was released. I assumed it was the new KDF pack since federation already had 2 packs and KDF only had 1.......WOW was I surprised.

So now Feds have 3 packs and KDF only 1? How is that fair after KDF players waited patiently. I was one of those who assumed that we (KDF) would get our new ship pack next since feds just got the vesta.

I can't believe a game company would show this kind of blatant favoritism.
Feds are the majority, serving them content equals money, KDF is the minority, the same does not apply here.

Cryptic, when it comes to content, focuses on that which makes them money, Fed content.
Ensign
# 3
02-24-2013, 05:18 PM
I know thats why they did it. Does not mean its fair to the KDF players. It does mean though have lost the $50 I was gonna spend for a new KDF pack.
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
I know thats why they did it. Does not mean its fair to the KDF players. It does mean though have lost the $50 I was gonna spend for a new KDF pack.
Yeah but they would need to sell enough of those $50 to actually cover the cost of making them. I simply don't think that's going to happen with the faction in its current state.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Commander
# 5
02-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Yea but isnt that a rather self fullfilling prophecy? Hey!!! lets release a game with 2 factions but one faction cant play till they get 25 on the other faction, and get this; even better; well only give em 4 repeatable missions and some pvp maps to play on. People ARE GONNA LOVE IT. Over time well toss in a mission or two so it looks like were doing something and pat ourselves on the back for how well we increased market share.
Career Officer
# 6
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
As far as I know, while they may have longterm aims for very ROUGH PvP and PvE balance, Cryptic has no intention to EVER offer equal access to specific gear, builds, or C-Store offerings and has indicated pretty clearly that they do not seek to provide the KDF with equality in this regard unless sales on existing KDF C-Store items go up.

They MIGHT be open to a special preorder system for KDF but KDF will probably never be given equal C-Store access and devs have specifically and repeatedly reaffirmed that KDF C-Store ships will probably not be added to the game. That doesn't mean KDF ships won't ever be added but it does mean that only the Federation will likely get C-Store ships in the foreseeable future.
Captain
# 7
02-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Cryptic has no intention to EVER offer equal access to specific gear, builds, or C-Store offerings and has indicated pretty clearly that they do not seek to provide the KDF with equality in this regard unless sales on existing KDF C-Store items go up.
I'll point you to something interesting tho :

Lockbox ships -- specifically the Temporal ships .
Now if , IF it was true that Cryptic lost money on KDF specific C-Store ships , and that loss has pushed them into the corner that they had to decide not to make any more KDF C-Store ships -- then why do they offer KDF lockbox ships ?

Is it because it takes only 1/2 the work to do so (similar stats/abilities , different skins) ?

Or is it because the Lockboxes sell so well that they can afford to put in this little extra effort by the Art team (JemJamz) -- EVEN if not too many ppl would buy the ship for the KDF variant ?

(I don't see that many Korath's but there are a few Krenn out there)
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Career Officer
# 8
02-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
I'll point you to something interesting tho :

Lockbox ships -- specifically the Temporal ships .
Now if , IF it was true that Cryptic lost money on KDF specific C-Store ships , and that loss has pushed them into the corner that they had to decide not to make any more KDF C-Store ships -- then why do they offer KDF lockbox ships ?

Is it because it takes only 1/2 the work to do so (similar stats/abilities , different skins) ?

Or is it because the Lockboxes sell so well that they can afford to put in this little extra effort by the Art team (JemJamz) -- EVEN if not too many ppl would buy the ship for the KDF variant ?

(I don't see that many Korath's but there are a few Krenn out there)
Considering what little bits we're told about the profitability of the lockboxes, I'd say it's the latter.
Some people complain they spend hundreds of dollars on lockbox keys without getting anything out fo it.
So it might be (and I'm 200% guessing) that Cryptic gets as much out of a KDF lockbox ship as they get out of a Fed C-Store ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
As far as I know, while they may have longterm aims for very ROUGH PvP and PvE balance, Cryptic has no intention to EVER offer equal access to specific gear, builds, or C-Store offerings and has indicated pretty clearly that they do not seek to provide the KDF with equality in this regard unless sales on existing KDF C-Store items go up.

They MIGHT be open to a special preorder system for KDF but KDF will probably never be given equal C-Store access and devs have specifically and repeatedly reaffirmed that KDF C-Store ships will probably not be added to the game. That doesn't mean KDF ships won't ever be added but it does mean that only the Federation will likely get C-Store ships in the foreseeable future.
Yup this is what happens when you design a game around moneygrabbing and not game integrity. what a pathetic company.
Empire Veteran
# 10
02-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsupreme79 View Post
Yup this is what happens when you design a game around moneygrabbing and not game integrity. what a pathetic company.
As a kdf you don't get bothered by new shineys that you will pay 50$, play for a week, and discard. Kdf play for free since cryptic really doesn't want our money