Lt. Commander
# 1 Attari beta download ?
01-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Howdy

figured I would save cryptic some money and bough directly from the attari site ...but I cant seem to find a download button .

do I have to use file planet ?

thanks
LAB
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Would love an answer for this, as part of the cost in the Atari purchase is $5 for digital download, you'd think that would mean you have a link to download from Atari but so far I am stuck using the very very slow ST downloader.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordin View Post
Would love an answer for this, as part of the cost in the Atari purchase is $5 for digital download, you'd think that would mean you have a link to download from Atari but so far I am stuck using the very very slow ST downloader.
You'll get your digital download the day the game is released. They didn't promise a download of the beta client...

(I'm in the same boat and that is what I can figure from the product description)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroBlank View Post
Players who pre-ordered the game from Atari.com should use the FilePlanet download or the "Star Trek Online Downloader" link to download the STO Open Beta client.

Sincerely,
Cryptic Studios Technical Support
so why do you charge extra money for a digital download?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Players who pre-ordered the game from Atari.com should use the FilePlanet download or the "Star Trek Online Downloader" link to download the STO Open Beta client.

Sincerely,
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog

Sincerely,
so why do you charge extra money for a digital download?

u spam i spam
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I am going through file planet and on an 18mb connection I am downloading at 14.7kbs it will take 4days to get almost 8g of file
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordin View Post
SLOW??? I ve worked out it will take 69 hours at my transfer rate and its not even at maximum. That is the equivalent of 4,140 minutes. My Mum and Dad are annoyed at having to leave my computer on over night for almost three dyas solid. Is there anyway to boost the speed without impeding what its already downloaded?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear that... I sent a customer complaint in to Atari - I paid for the digital download but apparently it only gives u access to the free torrent link. I'm thinking fraud...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
From what I have seen in another thread there is no direct download from the Atari site. (At least not for the beta, even is ya have taken EDS I think.)

You can find different download methods and locations here : http://www.startrekonline.com/download

(keep in mind if you pick a torrent option, download speeds will be low unless you have the correct ports setup on your firewall and router for forwarding. Torrents take a while to get up to speed also.)