Commander
# 1 5th DHC or Rom Torp for Kumari
03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Thoughts on which is a better damage boost?
Rihannsu
# 2
03-01-2013, 11:40 AM
I've been sticking with a projectile (fleet quantum, in my case) as the fifth weapon just because I'm a little concerned about power drain. When all my cannons (and turrets) get going, I'm dropping down to almost 80 power.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I use an Omega Torpedo Launcher on my Kumari instead of the Romulan Hyperplasma launcher for these reasons:

1) The Omega Launcher can shoot 2 torps / sec, making it ideal for burst-fire kills
2) Omega Launcher + Borg Assimilated Console = Omega Weapon Amplifier set bonus. This minimizes weapon power drain
3) Wing Platforms need not die to enemy ship warp core breaches since they are canceled out by high yield Omega torpedoes
4) Omega torps can crit in the 100k+ range.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Wait... ship warp core breaches are canceled out by high yield Omega torpedoes??

This is a thing that happens???
Captain
# 5
03-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiederichs View Post
Wait... ship warp core breaches are canceled out by high yield Omega torpedoes??

This is a thing that happens???
If you hit them with the Omega torp a few seconds before the ship dies it gets vaporized.
I don't see it always canceling the warp core breach though. Sometimes I see the vaporization effect on cubes but they still give off a warp core breach.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
If you hit them with the Omega torp a few seconds before the ship dies it gets vaporized.
I don't see it always canceling the warp core breach though. Sometimes I see the vaporization effect on cubes but they still give off a warp core breach.
The cube explosion animation still happens, but the usual explosion proximity damage disappears. The Omega disintegration effect always happens so long as its plasma dot is still active when the target hits zero hull.
Commander
# 7
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I use an Omega Torpedo Launcher on my Kumari instead of the Romulan Hyperplasma launcher for these reasons:

1) The Omega Launcher can shoot 2 torps / sec, making it ideal for burst-fire kills
2) Omega Launcher + Borg Assimilated Console = Omega Weapon Amplifier set bonus. This minimizes weapon power drain
3) Wing Platforms need not die to enemy ship warp core breaches since they are canceled out by high yield Omega torpedoes
4) Omega torps can crit in the 100k+ range.
If I use the Cutting Beam in my aft with the Assimilated Console, won't I get the two piece bonus that way?
Captain
# 8
03-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
If I use the Cutting Beam in my aft with the Assimilated Console, won't I get the two piece bonus that way?
Yes, you do.