Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 1 New Screenshot Available
03-01-2013, 12:00 PM
We've added a new image to our May 2013 teaser site?







"Our shadow will dim the stars."








Link to the teaser site.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,276
# 2
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Is everyone really that sure that there is not going to be a Romulan Faction?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,481
# 3
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
wait what the hell... theres a timmer at the bottem... whats happening in 19 days?

little early for the faction isnt it?

Last edited by thay8472; 03-01-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,818
# 4
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
wait what the hell... theres a timmer at the bottem... whats happening in 19 days?

little early for the faction isnt it?
Announcement. And that's a few days after PWE's annual shareholder report so we can probably expect PWE to leak major details first to their shareholders whereas Cryptic is under gag until then.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 82
# 5
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
I also just noticed theirs one fairly solo gekli right in the middle or at least i think it is...
Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.


Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 117
# 6
03-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegalaxy31 View Post
Is everyone really that sure that there is not going to be a Romulan Faction?

The first pic of it said,"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings?" with a pic of the Romulan Symbol and Romulan letting.

The second says "Our shadow will dim the stars." With a lot of Romulan Ships on screen.

In Ask Cryptic: February 2013:
Q: (carcharodon1975) ?Beneath the Raptor?s Wings? has set people?s hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May. My question is? are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.

Q: (nometa) Will we be able to get a Romulan Warbird or a D?deridex class now that we?re helping the Romulans on New Romulus?

Dstahl: We discussed this opportunity when we were developing Season 7, however we decided that player interest in a Romulan faction is so high that we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction. So until then, these ships will be off limits to the Romulan Reputation System!

***

Also they haven't denied it!

So it seems like a Romulan Faction to me, or a really bad joke lol.
____________________________
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 7
03-05-2013, 05:19 AM
I don't want to get my hopes up that a Romulan class is incoming. Especially when the above post neither confirms nor denies one is coming. In another thread someone found new icons tac/sci/eng for a Rom officer in the game files so it's possible. I've become cynical with Cryptic of late though so I'm desperately trying to keep an open mind.

I think, as someone else suggested, that the announcement will be made when the timer expires and some of the new stuff will go on Tribble.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 908
# 8
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

I wonder if it's some type of level 50 unlock to play as a Romulan. Maybe it will be through some type of Romulan reputation unlock that allows you to fly a Rommie ship and be a Rommie character. It just seems highly unlikely they have had time to sport a complete Romulan faction.

Maybe it's just an intro to an Iconian/Sela alliance. Since we've been hearing about Denise Crosby coming into the mix as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunkfalcon View Post
The first pic of it said,"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings?" with a pic of the Romulan Symbol and Romulan letting.

The second says "Our shadow will dim the stars." With a lot of Romulan Ships on screen.

In Ask Cryptic: February 2013:
Q: (carcharodon1975) ?Beneath the Raptor?s Wings? has set people?s hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May. My question is? are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.

Q: (nometa) Will we be able to get a Romulan Warbird or a D?deridex class now that we?re helping the Romulans on New Romulus?

Dstahl: We discussed this opportunity when we were developing Season 7, however we decided that player interest in a Romulan faction is so high that we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction. So until then, these ships will be off limits to the Romulan Reputation System!

***

Also they haven't denied it!

So it seems like a Romulan Faction to me, or a really bad joke lol.
Considering the desire for a Romulan faction for some time, the not too terribly far in the past poll where that was the number one requested feature by a long shot, the lack of a denial thus far the the Update that is not Season 8 contains said Romulan faction, they either have a Romulan faction coming out in May, or they really want to piss a lot of people off so that the forum rage of players who want to be Romulans truly does blot out the stars.

Given this, plus the fact that Dan in recent interviews has said they are doing a new KDF tutorial, and that May will be the next time they do KDF only content, seems to me a fair bet that KDF will get rounded out as well, which might also point to a Romulan faction since that was a previously stated pre-req for a Romulan faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 173
# 9
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
We'll probably find out in a little under three weeks.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,500
# 10
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
don't mess them up PLEASE don't mess them up
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 PM.