Career Officer
Was just chatting on the Accolade channel and one person mentioned an old bug that players had powers of their ships on the ground, fighting the Borg Queen in Hive Ground.

Well, it got me thinking how fun it would be if we had one mission, where we were shrunk like on DS9: Season 6 Episode "One Little Ship".

We know the models are interchangeable between our ships and ground characters, since some of us flew on ground maps on our ships back in Beta Testing. So we could reproduce that and fly around ground maps. And Cryptic could take it further where we avoid NPCs by flying through ventilation shafts or Jefferies Tubes. Maybe we fly into equipment we normally wouldn't see, like offline plasma conduits.

To me, it would be different and fun enough to do! What you say?
Captain
# 2 good idea
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
I think that's a really cool idea because I enjoyed that episode of DS9. flying in a 5 inch runabout would be really fun. I hope Cryptic make this into a mission and get torp locks on Jem'Hadar lol All in all a good idea
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
There is already a foundry mission like this about going into a borg cube.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Captain
# 4
03-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds great! I'd play a mission like that.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Captain
# 5
03-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisee View Post
There is already a foundry mission like this about going into a borg cube.
Hmmm?

/10char
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
I think that's a really cool idea because I enjoyed that episode of DS9. flying in a 5 inch runabout would be really fun. I hope Cryptic make this into a mission and get torp locks on Jem'Hadar lol All in all a good idea
I'd rather do it in a 2-foot carrier, but yeah, sounds like fun.
Captain
# 7
03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Just make sure it ends with Michael Dorn writing a poem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2013, 12:01 AM
They just have to exploit the old glitch they fixed a long long time ago.

If I remember other posts and screenshot correctly, there was a glitch where players on ground map has their ship shown on screen rather than their toons.
I think it would be relatively simple, programming wise, to do this or of mission. We are still running the same engine between space and ground anyway.