Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hello Everyone,

Before posting in this thread, if you have not already please follow the below link and read the thread first.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=57203

This thread will be utilized for the Community to better assist Cryptic with the reporting and reproduction of Showstopper and Critical issues. Please do not post with minor issues such as typos, minor art missing (weapon doesn’t display, etc). Do on the other hand continue to bug minor issues, this thread is just for severe issues.

In the event you come across either issue type, it is important to check out the threads in the forums and identify if your issue has already been reported on. As well as, if there is a current work around or any issues you should be aware of which would gate further testing.
For example: loading into a map and then being unable to leave.
Please keep posts to Issues only, as we want these threads to be a place for information compilation.

Step 1 – Find a Bug!
Step 2 – How severe is this bug is it a showstopper, critical or minor issue?
Step 3 – Check the forum threads, is it known? If it is known is there a workaround?
Step 4 – Submit your bug in game and post your issue on the thread.
  • Add in only enough information to clearly convey the issue you have found or are having.
  • In the event QA checks into your issue, please always include your <character name>@<display name> or the ticket # which is posted in your chat log upon submission.
Step 5 – If you are confused or unsure of anything, go to the IRC #stoqa channel and ask me directly.
  • If I am in the office I will be present in the IRC, however just be aware I will not 100% be active in the channel. There is much work to get done!
  • If you ask a question in the channel and do not get a response, please feel free to send me a message directly. I will get back to you once I am able.
Step 6 – Spread the word, let’s get all of you participating and populating this thread with issues to help both Cryptic and all of you.

New threads will be created as necessary and the older threads will have their sticky removed to make way for the new thread.

Thank you for all assistance and testing that many of you are providing, everyone here at Cryptic really values what we get from our Community.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:33 PM
id like to bring to your attention the showstopper affecting many within the hour of launch.

Symptoms: cannot progress in first mission, stuck in "destroy damaged probes" area when mission log shows you have already warped to the "destroy active probes area". Restarting instance and "defeat me" dont work.

Replication: This happened to me and many others by the server going down whilst either in warp or at the "destroy active probes" area. upon reconnecting find yourself back at the "fix my guns ship" prior to warping to the "destroy damaged probes" area.

CANNOT PROGRESS
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oseve View Post
Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like
Ditto...long wait on Sol load, never resolves. Going to re roll to see if I can progress or work around it.

EDIT: Bahh...rolled a second slot now starter map is full...DOH...ah well...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Same problem with Sol & I need help. I was doing fine loading/playing in missions & map until I tried to leave the Sol System. All other zones are fine, but I have both of my characters stuck in Sol & cannot play at all. I have the latest NVIDIA graphics driver loaded & other than Sol, the gameplay has been virtually lag-free. If I can get out of Sol, I'll stay away from it as long as possible until this server balancing issue gets resolved. Wasting lots of time staring at load screen... :/
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalou02 View Post
Ditto...long wait on Sol load, never resolves. Going to re roll to see if I can progress or work around it.

Yeah been wait 4 hours for SOL system to load, tought I would just start over with another character, but then that one will not load at the start of the game either! Not what I paid 50 bucks for
Lt. Commander
# 7 So what now?
03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:

Same problem, game stops at SOL system loading. Got to play a whole 2 hours for 50+ $$$$$.
They need to fix this problem ASAP!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8 Solution?
03-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:

Hey I'm having the same problem and I am unable to play the game. Have you found a solution to this??
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2010, 08:05 PM
SHOWSTOPPER

Bug: (Science) Ship turn rate severely impaired by certain engines (S1 release and current Tribble build)

Category: Items

How to Reproduce:
1) Place a Combat Impulse Engine Mk VIII [Full] [Spd] (from Starbase 1 badge vendor) in T4 Science Vessel
2) Go to any space map - your turn rate will be severely impaired. (sector space not impacted)
3) Replace the engine with a common (white) Impulse Engines Mk VII - your turn rate will be normal.

Comments:
This may only impact Science vessels. Before bug reporting I found a couple people in T5 science vessels with the same issue. One of them tracked the problem down to their Combat Impulse Engine Mk X, also purchased at Starbase 1 with badges.

Also note I did not update my space skills whatsoever and also confirmed this behavior on test server.

Ticket ID #772,201
Lt. Commander
I have tried to play this level twice now, and the same problem has shown up. I get to the part where Admiral Zelle confronts you and tells you that she was an undine, but after getting the mission objective: Defeat admiral Zelle, the Undine, I can not find her anywhere on the map.

This is very much a show stopper, and a fairly big bug.
Dakota@Dakota2063