Ensign
Apologies, I was trying to find anything in the forums regarding this, but couldn't see it anywhere.
I know in the past the Birok class (great looking Klingon ship IMHO) was an available variant of the Qin Heavy Raptor (used to own a Cryptic account and started new now (long and boring story)), but recently I couldn't find it anywhere in the Ship selection screen.
My Gorn isn?t a high enough rank to be able to aquire one yet, but I was browsing the Ship selection to take a look at my future ship of choise.

Has the Birok class been removed from STO or am I just blind?
Captain
# 2
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I think it became a Starbase Sipyard variant, but I'm not sure.
Captain
# 3
03-04-2013, 08:06 AM
The wiki still lists it as an option for the Qin. If you can't select it at the ship customiser, I'd hazard a guess and say it's now an alternative skin unlocked by purchasing the Fleet Qin.

Other than that... No idea.
Captain
# 4
03-04-2013, 08:35 AM
The entire ship is gone ?
My customized Qin's are mostly Birok parts and nothing has changed recently on my ships.

Hmmm...
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Ensign
# 5
03-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Fleet only would be sad news really!

The standard Qin doesn't look that nice at all.
Career Officer
# 6
03-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicelzo View Post
Apologies, I was trying to find anything in the forums regarding this, but couldn't see it anywhere.
I know in the past the Birok class (great looking Klingon ship IMHO) was an available variant of the Qin Heavy Raptor (used to own a Cryptic account and started new now (long and boring story)), but recently I couldn't find it anywhere in the Ship selection screen.
My Gorn isn?t a high enough rank to be able to aquire one yet, but I was browsing the Ship selection to take a look at my future ship of choise.

Has the Birok class been removed from STO or am I just blind?
I don't think it's removed.
It's however "hidden" on the ship selection screen.
The Birok is a skin for the Qin Raptor, thus when you aquire one of those you get the Birok skin as well.
It's probably a relic from the old days.
Back then practically no KDF ship had any customization and thus the ships didn't get "general" names like "Exploration Cruiser".
They were just called Qin Raptor or Vor'cha battlecruiser.
As a result the Birok skin is just "under the radar".
Same is tru for the Negh'var and its Qu'Daj skin which is nowhere to be seen on the ship selection screen either.
Captain
# 7
03-04-2013, 10:00 AM
My Qin still has its Birok parts.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 8
03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Cool, thanks a million for the answer guys! It's great to hear that it's still around!
Now all I need to do is get General and aquire a Qin Raptor and then change the skin.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I have the Birok skin on my Qin raptor. The thing is, when you select it, it sometimes does not show (must be somekind of bug), but if you go into advanced you can select all Birok parts for the raptor.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Ensign
# 10
03-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Good to know, thanks!