Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
I'm proposing this much. I don't know if it's the best idea but if anything else added would be nice feel feel free to add. 8)

Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Rank: Admiral(unless there is higher later)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 4 fore, 4 aft; Can equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 3!
Crew: 3200
Boffs: Tactx1 3rd rank, Ensingx1 3rd rank, science x2 4th rank(by rank I mean how many of the abilities they can get 1-4.)
Device Slots: 4(maybe 5 if possible)
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng,5sci
Turn rate: 6.5
Impulse mod: 1.6
Bonus Power: +5 shield(or10), +15 aux
Cost: ???
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting

The premise for the 3 hangers is they developed tech to make more room in the two hangers each gaining room for 50% more room giving basically 3 hanger bays while actually having 2. but it practically is like having 3 hangers. So you will have 3 slots to put hanger pets in. It graphically could add a half hanger bay below each hanger indicating the 3rd or something like that.

Also if we gain a higher sci charactr later I would change the science boffs to a science 5 and a science 4.

Last edited by aftulus; 03-04-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 35
# 2
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftulus View Post
I'm proposing this much. I don't know if it's the best idea but if anything else added would be nice feel feel free to add. 8)

Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Rank: Admiral(unless there is higher later)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 4 fore, 4 aft; Can equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 3!
Crew: 3200
Boffs: Tactx1 3rd rank, Ensingx1 3rd rank, science x2 4th rank(by rank I mean how many of the abilities they can get 1-4.)
Device Slots: 4(maybe 5 if possible)
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng,5sci
Turn rate: 6.5
Impulse mod: 1.6
Bonus Power: +5 shield(or10), +15 aux
Cost: ???
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting

The premise for the 3 hangers is they developed tech to make more room in the two hangers each gaining room for 50% more room giving basically 3 hanger bays while actually having 2. but it practically is like having 3 hangers. So you will have 3 slots to put hanger pets in. It graphically could add a half hanger bay below each hanger indicating the 3rd or something like that.

Also if we gain a higher sci charactr later I would change the science boffs to a science 5 and a science 4.
I like the main idea behind it, but you've overpowered this ship beyond belief. Here are some things that just can't happen.

- 4/4 weapon layout (no carrier has this. The most dps oriented carriers are 4/3)
- 3 launcher bays? What's the point of that if they have the same amount of pets out as a 2 hanger one. It would just make you have to grind out another hanger item.
- 2 commander science with 2 lt commanders? Again it would be the only ship in the game to have this and it would be pretty broken.
- Turn rate is a bit off as well. At most it should be 6 for a ship this size.

In addition, should they release a ship like this it wont be a fleet or retrofit for these reasons.

- Fleet ships get the following modifications (10% shields, 10% hull, 1 extra console slot). They do not change the other settings on the ships by making them fleet.

- Retrofit is a possibility, but retrofts ships are generally done to lower tier ships, and for the most part are lower end/tier (like a 9 console defiant or excelsior).
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
# 3
03-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionlyth View Post
I like the main idea behind it, but you've overpowered this ship beyond belief. Here are some things that just can't happen.

- 4/4 weapon layout (no carrier has this. The most dps oriented carriers are 4/3)
- 3 launcher bays? What's the point of that if they have the same amount of pets out as a 2 hanger one. It would just make you have to grind out another hanger item.
- 2 commander science with 2 lt commanders? Again it would be the only ship in the game to have this and it would be pretty broken.
- Turn rate is a bit off as well. At most it should be 6 for a ship this size.

In addition, should they release a ship like this it wont be a fleet or retrofit for these reasons.

- Fleet ships get the following modifications (10% shields, 10% hull, 1 extra console slot). They do not change the other settings on the ships by making them fleet.

- Retrofit is a possibility, but retrofts ships are generally done to lower tier ships, and for the most part are lower end/tier (like a 9 console defiant or excelsior).
The new dreadnought has 4/4 weapons and 2 bays.

The point would be to allow more pets out. I thought it would be nice. and a different way to mod it.

How about this:

Keep the 2 rank 4 sci boffs but keep the other two normal. Then you only gain one upgrade in that area.

Keep the third hanger bay and allow more pets. I Didn't mean it would only have 12 pets. It's an 18 pet base ship.

Put the turn at 6 or wahtever is useful. I didn't think 6.5 was alot.

Possibly go back to the normal energy benefits of 5 Shields 10 aux.

Keep the rest. I thought most of the upgrades were small.

Possibly remove the ability to use dual cannons and say the space was used for other things. It could be the Alternative version of the Atrox.


The thing about finding more room was an RP thing not a mechanics thing.

Call this the Advanced/Alternative Caiton Atrox Carrier! It's an attack kitty. They went all out. 8) I'm kind of assuming the normal Atrox will eventually be outdone. It's the only high end Carrier the Feds have. How many do other sides get? It would only be appropriate to refit it to a larger version so the One good carrier we have can keep up with all the other ones. They get mass we get quality...? Not even that. They get mass and quality. I don't think decking out our one would be a bad idea.

Last edited by aftulus; 03-04-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 4
03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
The JHDC is 4/3, as is the Kar'fi.

4/4 AND 3 hanger bays is ridiculous. Actually, 3 hanger bays by itself is ridiculous with how much damage elite scorpions deal.

Your proposed BOff layout is also way over the top. No ship in the game has 2 commander-level BOff slots.

Last edited by thepantsparty; 03-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
# 5
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Rank: Admiral(unless there is higher later)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 3 fore, 3 aft; Can't equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 3!
Crew: 3200
Boffs: Tactx1 2nd rank, Ensingx1 2ndd rank, science x2 4th rank(by rank I mean how many of the abilities they can get 1-4.)
Device Slots: 4
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci
Turn rate: 6
Impulse mod: 1.5
Bonus Power: +5 shield, +15 aux
Cost: ???
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting

Why is the boff idea overpowered? It keeps only 4 so it doen'st have an extra for bonuses. And It just ups the second science guy by one rank. That is alot less powerfull than adding a third or another engineer or tac at low lv.

Last edited by aftulus; 03-04-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
# 6
03-04-2013, 02:19 PM
When they develop this ship for this federation officer

Can they install a big red button in my karfi that has "I win" scribed in it that when activated makes all Feds implode and spew their bowels all over the arena
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 35
# 7
03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftulus View Post
Why is the boff idea overpowered? It keeps only 4 so it doen'st have an extra for bonuses. And It just ups the second science guy by one rank. That is alot less powerfull than adding a third or another engineer or tac at low lv.
Because there is a reason why ships don't already have 2. For example, it's a lot more powerful to have 2x gravity well 3 than it is to have gravity well 3 and 1. Every other ship in the game has access to only 1 commander level power (the most powerful) for a reason.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 35
# 8
03-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
The JHDC is 4/3, as is the Kar'fi.

4/4 AND 3 hanger bays is ridiculous. Actually, 3 hanger bays by itself is ridiculous with how much damage elite scorpions deal.
You caught it before I could reply.

In addition, having 2 commander level boffs is just not going to happen. I don't mind giving it more hull and shields than the standard version, with perhaps 1 extra console.

Trust me I want a viable kitty carrier as much as the next guy. I was in a Caitian only fleet for a long time. But we can't get devs to take ideas seriously by throwing out horribly overpowered or broken ideas.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,029
# 9
03-04-2013, 02:25 PM
The Jem Dread is 4/3 with 2 hangar bays, same as the Kar'fi, and its a lobi ship which means different rules apply. The Atrox is for the most part a Fed counterpart to the Voquv (the archetype heavy carrier), and as such you'd probably be better off looking at the Fleet Voquv for inspiration. Finally, what you're describing would be flat out better to any other carrier in the game, with abilities that flat out break 'the rules' with no tradeoffs for its immense advantages. This is another fantasy supership USS Mary Sue, and nobody is going to take such proprosals even remotely seriously, without a heck of a lot of toning down. If you're going to try and sell an idea, stick to ideas that are even kinda-sorta feasible, not daydreams with stats.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
# 10
03-05-2013, 09:56 AM
BTW I'm now using this as indicators:

Bold = upgrade
Bold Underline = downgrade
Italics = New proposal or something I"m pointing out. plain text, bold, or bold underline

Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Rank: Admiral(unless there is higher later)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 3(4?) fore, 4 aft; Can equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 2
Crew: 3333
Boffs: Tact tier2 x1, Engi tier2 x1, science tier3 x1, science tier4 x1
Device Slots: 4
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci
Turn rate: 6
Impulse mod: 0.10
Bonus Power: +5 shield, +15 aux
Cost: 5000 zen. Or 2500zen if you have the normal atrox but it gets turned into the upgrade!
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting, Equipment slot for a giant hood ornament!

If we can't get a 3rd by then I say a 4th aft in opposition to the dreadnought. Or possibly the first 4/4 carrier. So 3/4 or 4/4.

And Is anyone considering you can already get 18 pets out. You just have to replay the mission. This would just upgrade from the normal one to the advanced ones if you want. I think it's less OP than you think it is.

About my previous proprosal:

My logic for the 3rd hanger bay previously was because you can already get normal device scorpion carriers. This would allow you to get some advanced ones instead and be an upgrade. To counter it you would only have 2 devices. So if you wanted the other 6 scorps from the devices you would have to use nothing else but them in your device slots. This makes a an 18/24 pet with 2 device slots as a opposed to a 12/18 pet with 4 devices. So it's much more pet orriented. Considering it's called the only true carrier it's a kind of appropriate Orientation for it compared to the other carriers. It would also only have the 3/3 weapons in my previous version plus NO dual cannons.

I would personaly prefer the 3 bays and 2 device slots over the 7/8 weapons. I don't think it's as OP as you think. I put in appropriate counters for it.

Another possibility is to change my uprade to the turn rate and do the impulse instead. Not sure which ones is more appropriate for it.

Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Rank: Admiral(unless there is higher later)
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 3(4?) fore, 3(4?) aft; Can't equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 3!
Crew: 3333
Boffs: Tact tier2 x1, Engi tier2 x1, science tier3 x1, science tier4 x1
Device Slots: 2
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci
Turn rate: 6
Impulse mod: 0.10
Bonus Power: +5 shield, +15 aux
Cost: 5000 zen. Or 2500zen if you have the normal atrox but it gets turned into the upgrade!
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting, Equipment slot for a giant hood ornament!


Original Catian Atrox Carrier:

Rank: Vice Admiral Rank
Tier: 5
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 40,500
Shield Modifier: 1.2
Weapons: Fore 3 Aft 3; Can equip dual cannons.
Hangar Bays:2
Crew: 3000
Bridge Officers: tact rank2 x1, eng rank2 x1, sci rank3 x1, sci rank4 x1
Device Slots:4
Consoles: tac x2, eng x3, sci x4
Turn Rate: 5
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Bonus Power: +5 shield power +10 auxiliary power
Cost: 2,500Zen
Abilities:Launch Caitian Stalker Fighters, Carrier Commands, Subsystem Targeting

Last edited by aftulus; 03-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 AM.