Lt. Commander
# 1 Mining Nerf?
03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I've been noticing the last few days that I'm only getting one or two "dings" when mining before the target changes.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Ensign
# 2
03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
I've noticed occasional mining runs that tick faster than normal, but I've also seen runs that go at the speed I expect, and a few that mix it up (I'll get one or two ticks before it changes, then I'll get five after that). I'm not sure if they've changed the speed, or if it's just random distribution. I HAVE been running it more since the new lockbox came out, thanks to those vouchers, so maybe I'm just seeing a wider distribution. It's still pretty rare for me not to score over 750 on any given mining run, and occasionally I beat 1,000, even if it doesn't do anything special for a score that high.
Career Officer
# 3
03-04-2013, 06:43 PM
I've been doing a lot of mining on several characters since the Dominion boxes came out, and it's definitely random chance how many ticks of Dilithium you get before each re-calibration. I really hate it when a particular Dilithium node just seems like it's out to get me and only gives one to two ticks for EVERY re-calibration. Extremely difficult to get to 750 on those, regardless of personal effort.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
I've been doing a lot of mining on several characters since the Dominion boxes came out, and it's definitely random chance how many ticks of Dilithium you get before each re-calibration. I really hate it when a particular Dilithium node just seems like it's out to get me and only gives one to two ticks for EVERY re-calibration. Extremely difficult to get to 750 on those, regardless of personal effort.
I hate it hwen you get those kinds of nodes when your using a mining claim.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 5
03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Been normal for me. Usually it goes fine, now and again you get unlucky. But it's still more or less a reliable thing. And it's fast, so I am never too fussed over it.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe just a couple bad runs then.