Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
This would make it a lot more convenient. Right now I have the multi-mission recon explorer with 2 consoles- just for the chroniton quantum slipstream to get around. I also got the Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines, but it does NOT reduce the slipstream cooldown to nothing, like it says- 100%, though it does reduce it to half.

What would you think of a clickable galaxy map, rather than having to actually go there to get the assignments? I usually have to find the 20h artifact assignments myself, as they are not on dofftrekker- only the rare one is. I like to put doffs on this for chance of getting a strange alien artifact, but first I must find out where they are, which means going all over the galaxy map.
Career Officer
# 2
03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
It's part of the challenge.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
It's not challenging at all. It doesn't require any skill to cross a border/zone, just time. Maybe you mean the omega drive or something then

Last edited by fedman70; 03-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
03-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
... and by "challenge" we mean "extending your logged in time, making you fly around and trying to tempt you into buying lockboxes to get the wonderful ships you see everywhere!".
Captain
# 5
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
This would make it a lot more convenient. Right now I have the multi-mission recon explorer with 2 consoles- just for the chroniton quantum slipstream to get around. I also got the Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines, but it does NOT reduce the slipstream cooldown to nothing, like it says- 100%, though it does reduce it to half.
May I recommend a few points in driver coil - at least 3, and one of the two "break warp 10" drives - assimilated Borg or MACO, with Assimilated Borg being the slightly better of the two...

I think I average at least 18-20 with my MACO impulse on the Vesta, and can quantum slipstream to 33 - though I suffer with the two minute cooldown on chroniton quantum slipstream, and I think I hit 22-23 with the Tuffli running the Borg engine...

When I'm in a DOffing mood, I hate my Omega kitted ships, yeah, the one minute quantum cooldown is nifty, but being stuck at warp 10 when slipstream is cooling feels like such a drag compared to even my MACO-equipped Vesta...

If you're a DOffing type character, I'd recommend running a small handful of normal STFs just to get the marks for tier 2 and one of the two Mk X "break warp 10 limit" engines, they give the same speed boost at X that they give at XII...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 6
03-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
This would make it a lot more convenient.
It would be more comfortable, but it could screw up doffing and the economy big-time. If you currently have an hour of ingame-time to spare, you might be able to refresh support-assignments on 2-3 characters, depending on how fast you are .

Without travel- and map-changing-time, people could go through 20-30 renewals within an hour. Prices for Doffs, commodities, particles, artifacts and dilithium could plummet even more, making doffing itself less attractive. Sectors, ground zones and star clusters might be completly empty afterwards.
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-06-2013, 05:18 AM
full spec to drive coil
get a borg engine

and you can travel pretty fast.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Captain
# 8
03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
How to really behave in online forums with developers
One of the best signature/link combinations I've seen so far. I hope you don't mind if I copy the idea.
Republic Veteran
# 9
03-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
One of the best signature/link combinations I've seen so far. I hope you don't mind if I copy the idea.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

You've got to be kidding me,following the majority of that waffle would never see "anything" get done with this "game"

Life experience Nil,cos the world's all rainbows and unicorns...

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
I also got the Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines, but it does NOT reduce the slipstream cooldown to nothing, like it says- 100%, though it does reduce it to half.
I must point out that in this game, a 100% cooldown does not mean the cooldown goes down to 0; instead, it means it's a 50% decrease.

And also, a 200% cooldown would not mean dropping it to 0 either. That would reduce it to a quarter of the original cooldown, if I have my math right.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 03-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.