Lieutenant
# 1 boff quality means?
03-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I have two purple and one blue candidates sitting on my station tab.

Looking at the skills it doesn't seem they are any better (and since you can just train them at dock) than whites.

I assume quality is basically only for ground stats?
Captain
# 2
03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
the rarity of boffs is based off the 4 traits, and can mean the boff's powers are greater.

e.g. a higher quality purple has higher level traits, and a better chance at rare skills like vascular regenerator III.

purple boffs have 2 traits and two superior traits
blue 3traits one superior (i think)
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Captain
# 3
03-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Blue and Purple Saurians and Letheans also have a better chance of having Efficient, as far as I know.
Lieutenant
# 4
03-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Hmm this purple sci off has sci team 1, polarize hull 2, tractor 3, tykens rift 3 / dyloven 1, electro grav field 2, hyper radiation 1, melorazine 2.

It sure doesn't look special.
Captain
# 5
03-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Usually the inherint traits are better--white BOFFs will have things like BASIC strength while the purples will have SUPERIOR strength. Those are worth paying attention to, since you have to take BOFFs on the ground missions anyway.

Another area they are different is in the Lt. Commander and Commander skills--they will often have the advanced skills that cannot be bought from the skills trainer. EG, you can only buy Gravity Well II, but some of the higher ones will come with Gravity Well III. If you roll the skill, its worth keeping.

If the traits and skills arent what you want, send them to the exchange or send them back to starfleet.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Usually the inherint traits are better--white BOFFs will have things like BASIC strength while the purples will have SUPERIOR strength. Those are worth paying attention to, since you have to take BOFFs on the ground missions anyway.

Another area they are different is in the Lt. Commander and Commander skills--they will often have the advanced skills that cannot be bought from the skills trainer. EG, you can only buy Gravity Well II, but some of the higher ones will come with Gravity Well III. If you roll the skill, its worth keeping.

If the traits and skills arent what you want, send them to the exchange or send them back to starfleet.
How do I do that?

It doesn't seem like a sci off should have increased threat, etc.