Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Lag! Oh The Horrible Lag!
01-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry but this lag is killing me! I don't know what's causing it but i know it ain't my PC or my internet speed cuz they're both fine.

Please solve this lag issue in your next patch if you can.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Have you been able to play at all????
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 04:58 PM
The lag is because the servers are being beta stressed. This game is a beta the lag is from the Cryptic server. BETA = Not Ready Yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Hmm, everythings fine for me (except the map is full bug), guess your connection is part of the problem too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroshinator View Post
The lag is because the servers are being beta stressed. This game is a beta the lag is from the Cryptic server. BETA = Not Ready Yet.
Oh i know it's beta. I ain't complaining, otherwise i wouldn't of put that smiley emoticon at the end of my message.

Thx for your post cuz now i know what's going on. I still love it though. I've been playing since 1M(E.S.T.) non-stop despite the lag and only stopped to go the the bathroom, ROFL.

You know the game is good when you've been playing non stop like me despite the lag headace
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
yea i am gettin the lag aswell specially notice it in the chat when i try to chat everything takes roughly 5-10 seconds before it shows. the server is overloaded which i kind of expected. i been on and off all day due to bein kicked or having to do RL stuff. I played closed beta and i ran the game perfect in CB. no lag great gameplay and played at max settings. i noticed in OB i am havin to lower some of my settings to get the FPS i had before 3 days ago in CB lol. oh well i'm not whining i have seen alot of the great work they been doin so i will patiently wait for them to get them fixed and keep played best i can with the lag.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree i am on cable, and my pc meets the recommended system reqs by a long shot.

The only program i have open is vent to talk to people while i play and i checked my vent ping and it showed 30k+ when i closed STO i was right back to 50.

I thought it would be my internet connection so i reset my connection and pinged the vent server again and hit 50 ping. I logged on Wow and had a ping of 100, and a ping on EVE online of 170.

I don't know why STO is lagging so horribly i was playing the game fine til around 5-6pm server.

Hopefully this will improve i refuse to play a laggy game. After DCing and relogging about 10 times now i think im just going to load up wow and raid some while i wait a few days for the hype to die off and some bugs to get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlan_Wyborn View Post
Have you been able to play at all????
Yeah. When you boot up the game, due to the map full bug it takes forever and sometimes you still get booted. But until that's fixed, what you can do is just keep trying. When it gets to the part where it's taking forever to login, just press "Ctrl and Esc" in order to minimize the game. Then you just listen to some music or something and check back in a few minutes until it finishes loging in. If you get booted again, just repeat the procces until you're in the server.

It's a pain in the but but that's how i'm doing it for the moment. The good news is that the "map is full" bug is going to be fixed in the next patch, according to what i read from a Dev posting in another related thread.

...Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoThic_TrEkkiE
Yeah. When you boot up the game, due to the map full bug it takes forever and sometimes you still get booted. But until that's fixed, what you can do is just keep trying. When it gets to the part where it's taking forever to login, just press "Ctrl and Esc" in order to minimize the game. Then you just listen to some music or something and check back in a few minutes until it finishes loging in. If you get booted again, just repeat the procces until you're in the server.

It's a pain in the but but that's how i'm doing it for the moment. The good news is that the "map is full" bug is going to be fixed in the next patch, according to what i read from a Dev posting in another related thread.

...Hope that helps.
They better fix the map is full rightaway, Or there is going to be a lot of people who just lose interest in the game from the start beta or not.. Oh.. and the server disconnects to, people won't waste there time spending most of the night trying to get back in to the server, after several tries.. I hate to to be a downer, but the kind of gamer who is going to play this game is going to expect HIGH Standards, even with a BETA release, Yes Yes, the beta is for working out the bugs,, we all know that, but it was on closed beta before the open one, and bugs like map is full bug, and many server crashes, boots, etc, should have be fixed on the closed beta.. Anyway from what little I have played, it seems like it will be fun.. But only if they fix it fast.. As it stands right now were only a little over two weeks from the retail release, If it not fixed by then, I don't think I will buy a copy until I know it has.. Just my 2 cents....