Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I was getting a graphic hiccup, so I updated to the latest driver (195.62) and now the game is virtually unplayable. Is there a recommended Nvidia driver for this game? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Try 190.62

Word is its helped alot of people with that issue in cryptic's engine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3 190.62
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Had the same problem. Installed 160.92 at it's fine now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
Try 190.62

Word is its helped alot of people with that issue in cryptic's engine.
This is the one I have at the moment. I tried the latest driver a few weeks ago and nothing but problems on my twin 8800GTS rig, but going back to this one made it stable again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
This is the one I have at the moment. I tried the latest driver a few weeks ago and nothing but problems on my twin 8800GTS rig, but going back to this one made it stable again.
you saying old driver is actually better than the new one and u dont have any game crashes ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsycho View Post
you saying old driver is actually better than the new one and u dont have any game crashes ?
Yup. I haven't had any issues in any games thus far. Won't know about STO until tomorrow, due to the length of time it's taking to DL, and that's only if I'm able to log in after install.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I dual boot Vista 64 and Win7 64 and use this driver on both, flawless in STO so far.

Version:

195.62 WHQL
Release Date:

2009.11.26
Operating System:

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
Language:

English (U.S.)
File Size:

133 MB

Link---> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...5.62_whql.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
190.62 is an XP driver. I have a 64 Bit Win 7 system. Any recommendations? There's a 190.38.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
190.62 is an XP driver. I have a 64 Bit Win 7 system. Any recommendations? There's a 190.38.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...0.62_whql.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
There is a 190.62 for Win 7-64. Here is the link from Nvidia.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce...n7_190.62.html

Edit;
Sorry, see Pinworm's post for correct driver.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 AM.