Career Officer
# 1 Making JJ better
03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
So I thought it'd make our lives better if we tried to reason in *favor* of JJ's Trek for a bit. The anger and rage just isn't adding to our enjoyment of the franchise. To start, here's a little article that might help you feel a bit better about emo-Spock.
I miss my _.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-13-2013, 10:15 AM
We could cover him in raw tuna fish and toss him into a pool full of piranhas. I think that would make him better.
Captain
# 3
03-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Ke$ha's ?Tik-Tok? sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

-that's a FACT

How does one reason with that fact and make our lives better ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 4
03-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Well...

First we teach him that Lensflares only partially hide his incompetence.
Then we teach him to stick with the most basic designs of a ship that people love.

The Tuna idea from above aint bad either though.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 5
03-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Ke$ha's ?Tik-Tok? sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

-that's a FACT

How does one reason with that fact and make our lives better ?
Of course the world population was 3.7 billion in 1970 and is currently right around 7 billion. Just the fact that there are nearly twice as many people now, coupled with a much broader global market, means that anything can be more popular today.
Captain
# 6
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm beginning to believe that most of the posters didn't actually read that Leonard Nimoy article linked to.
Captain
# 7
03-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I'm beginning to believe that most of the posters didn't actually read that Leonard Nimoy article linked to.
I read them both... And the pics... whats your point?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 8
03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Of course the world population was 3.7 billion in 1970 and is currently right around 7 billion. Just the fact that there are nearly twice as many people now, coupled with a much broader global market, means that anything can be more popular today.
Exactly.
Just because it's newer and has sold more copies/tickets doesn't mean it NOT TRASH.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 9
03-13-2013, 10:56 AM
I think they missed the part about "needing to be popular with the in-crowd..."

Also, the band Rush has 24 gold records, 14 platinum, and three multi-platinum, and rank third, behind the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, for the most consecutive gold or platinum albums by a rock band. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it is trash. Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy either way you slant it.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 10
03-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Exactly.
Just because it's newer and has sold more copies/tickets doesn't mean it NOT TRASH.
Of course "I want to hold your hand" was probably considered to be the Tik-Tok of its time - it's not as though the Beatles didn't have their pop period. While it's unlikely it is statistically possible that Kesha could eventually release her Sgt Peppers.