Ensign
# 1 [solved] launcher crashes
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
After not playing a while i tried to start STO today, but the launcher always crashes after i press the "login"-button. I tried getting a new launcher-exe at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=505501, but still same problem.

What do I do?

I quote the error-message: oops! your cryptic application has crashed. to help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

error ticket id (this time): 14457539

\\edit for incoming forum or google-searches: problem was teamviewer, when i closed it in the systray, the launcher didnt crash anymore.

Last edited by enduremanure1; 03-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Ensign
# 2
03-14-2013, 03:12 AM
=====bump=====
Ensign
# 3
03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
its reinstall time mate

Uninstall the game and reinstall it will fix your problem
Ensign
# 4
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
thanks for you answer. i uninstalled cleanly, and then reinstalled. But the same problem remains. . Again tried with the new launcherbut it's no use.

Last edited by enduremanure1; 03-19-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Ensign
# 5
03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
anyone? i have a win7, i5-3570K cpu, gforce gtx 660 gpu, 16gb ram and all updated drivers, if that helps. but i havent actually changed anything at my computer, just didn't play for some time .
Captain
# 6
03-20-2013, 05:05 PM
What are you using to launch the game is it the launcher it self or some thing else???

Here is right link--->>>http://sto.perfectworld.com/download

Use the Direct download option.

Last edited by xcom43; 03-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Ensign
# 7 patch
03-20-2013, 06:45 PM
A required vertex shader failed to compile or load. This failure may be due to unsupported hardware on your system, in which case this failure may persist every time you attempt to start the client.
This is the error screen i get after patching I can not get any further whether on or off line. I have windows xp with 200gig hd and 2gig ram i have an nvidia mx420 graphics card. I have tried to update the drivers but there already up to date. Please help.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8 Grrr
03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah I've been haveing this problem for over a week now I keep trying and did same here new launcher etc... and I still crash with error when clicking Login. I think this started around the time I installed the NW beta Launcher?
Ensign
# 9
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
i filed a ticket to tech-support, hopefully we'll get an answer.
Ensign
# 10
03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I got an answer from tech-support, that could solve my problem.

The problem for me was teamviewer. once i closed it in the systray (rightclick>exit teamviewer), the launcher doesnt crash anymore.

other solutions from tech-support (if closing teamviewer might not solve your issue):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech support
In the Launcher, go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.

You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.

You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster. You may also need to close programs such as Teamviewer.

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.