Lieutenant
# 1 Need help increasing DPS
03-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Currently I am a tac captain flying a jem hadar dread with bugs (yes i also have a JHAS)

On ISE i manage around 3.5k for the main ship and 2.5k for the bugs, whilst i dont think I can improve the bugs much surely I can up my DPS of my main ship.

Im using 6 x spiral wave beam arrays and 1 ferengi Missile
4 x Disruptor coils mk xii (2 x very rare and 2 x rare)

My boffs, 4 are human doffs and one borg power buff doff:-

Tac CMD TT,BO2, BO3 and APO3
Tac LT TT & BFW1
Eng LT CMD EPS1, RSP and AuxSIF2
Sci ENS HE
Uni LT EPTS1 & ES

My Doff set up is:-

2 x purple Hangar recharge
1 x 10% damage to borg
2 x purple Cannnon (I ment beam)

Unless im careless I dont die anymore in STFs as I seem quite tanky and can even throw the odd heal out.

My only suggested change would be to drop ES and pick up EPTW which helped a bit, but not noticeably.

I tried a polaron cannon & turret set up, but my DPS was still the same...

Anyone got any good advice, I mainly STF but do the occasional team PVP which I want to do more of.

Thanks

Last edited by slurmer; 03-14-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Captain
# 2
03-14-2013, 06:31 AM
the BOs are draining you too much. imo you should lose both for another faw (that is an optional) and for APB (that is a must or another APO for more movement, tho apb would increase pet dps)

what are the cannon doffs doing there? if they are what I think (the cannon reload doffs), why are they there? you use beams. get one of the tac team buff doffs, and if you have, get in there an exocomp with a weapons battery to use

also a bit more drastic, is to try an auxtobat build
Career Officer
# 3
03-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
the BOs are draining you too much. imo you should lose both for another faw (that is an optional) and for APB (that is a must or another APO for more movement, tho apb would increase pet dps)

what are the cannon doffs doing there? if they are what I think (the cannon reload doffs), why are they there? you use beams. get one of the tac team buff doffs, and if you have, get in there an exocomp with a weapons battery to use

also a bit more drastic, is to try an auxtobat build
I agree with this assessment. Bo with beam arrays doesn't hit hard enough. I would switch to a DBB or switch the boffs to a 2nd FAW and an APB. If you're just for PVE use the EPTW as it will help your dps along with these changes. Lose the cannon doffs for damage control doffs for near 100%up time of both EPTS and EPTW.

For PvP you could also use a Beam of target shields and rotate that and FAW.

If you truly want to do DPS jump in the JHAS. Cant get much better than that for damage

Last edited by edalgo; 03-14-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Lieutenant
# 4
03-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Sorry my bad i ment Beam doffs, Doh!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Sorry reading comprehensions.

Second the lostusthorn post.

Last edited by vesolc; 03-14-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Consider Conn Officers to get a single Tac Team cycling continuously, and Damage Control Engineers to do the same for EptW (which you currently don't have). 3 Beam skills is too much, try using only one, FAW is to me more versatile for beam arrays, BO geared more towards DBBs. The 2 spare tac slots can be used for APB and another APO.

Last edited by smokeybacon90; 03-14-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Captain
# 7
03-14-2013, 07:38 AM
I forgot to add. if you are getting 2.5k from your pets, it might be worth a change. I dunno much of the jemmie pets, but if the attack ship is what the bop on the klinks, then it should hit harder.
I can vouch for the elite scorpions tho. on my vesta (one and gimped hangar) they deal 2k (apb enhancing them, disruptors not yet), so that should help you a bit more too
Captain
# 8
03-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
I tried a polaron cannon & turret set up, but my DPS was still the same...
I'm suprised you didn't get a noticable boost out of that, when comparing it to your current build.
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
first of all, drop that ferengi missile thing.
It is as ffective as throwing pillows. As Tac, use Quantums.

While Beamoverload is veru nice for spikes, it is rather useless for sustained damage.

Given that you want more DPS in STFs, drop the beams altogether.
The targets move slow enough for your ship to make good use of Dual Heavy cannons.
I would suggest 3xdhc, 1x quantum front, all turrets aft. Or if you have it, 1x cutting beam after and omega torpedo front. that way you get the full set bonuses, which can help with your survival and dps.

Get one copy of cannon rapid fire and one of scatter volley. For attacking single targets or when you need to manage aggro, single target attacks are better. If the little probes spawn, hammer them with the scatter.

For the torpedo, i would suggest spread. It does good single target damage and nice damage to multiple targets.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.