Lieutenant
I know these posts pop up from time to time every few months or so but I was wondering if by now, anyone has reached Tier 5 Science in their Fleet Starbase to let others know what exactly the stats are for those upgraded Hangar Pets?

Hell, it's been so long that I'll even accept speculation or rumors at this point (Why cryptic doesn't want to release the information even though were all building towards it, god only knows)
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-14-2013, 10:57 PM
I think people are REALLY close on it at this point. Maybe not 100% there, but close.

Captain
# 3
03-15-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyreload View Post
Hell, it's been so long that I'll even accept speculation or rumors at this point (Why cryptic doesn't want to release the information even though were all building towards it, god only knows)
Just in case they're not something all that desirable, so people stop grinding towards it (and spending money on Dil and such).

We're at T4 Sci, working towards T5. We're a ways away from it, but I'll let people know what it is if we happen to be one of the further along fleets.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Lieutenant
# 4
03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Just in case they're not something all that desirable, so people stop grinding towards it (and spending money on Dil and such).
Well if it costs so much dilithium/resources/etc..... Why not make them desirable then? I mean if they are really cheap hangar bay pets then it's gonna be obvious to everyone that this was just a blatant scam to milk more Dilithium out of the community... Which is economicly illogical. With a scam, once someone is duped, word spreads fast and no one else rushes to dump all their resources in that tier, if there are good items in that tier 5 project, everyone and their mother are gonna be farming like crazy and spending real world cash on Dilithium just to get to the project.

I mean it feels like the Elite Scorpion from the Rep System might actually be costing Cryptic profits at this point since you don't really need anything except time to pick up the best Hangar Pets in the game.
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyreload View Post
Well if it costs so much dilithium/resources/etc..... Why not make them desirable then? I mean if they are really cheap hangar bay pets then it's gonna be obvious to everyone that this was just a blatant scam to milk more Dilithium out of the community... Which is economicly illogical. With a scam, once someone is duped, word spreads fast and no one else rushes to dump all their resources in that tier, if there are good items in that tier 5 project, everyone and their mother are gonna be farming like crazy and spending real world cash on Dilithium just to get to the project.

I mean it feels like the Elite Scorpion from the Rep System might actually be costing Cryptic profits at this point since you don't really need anything except time to pick up the best Hangar Pets in the game.
I am not exactly sure why cryptic made the elite weapons bad, but they did and have never indicated that they will change it.
The elite ship/ground items aren't as good as the set stuff either.
Science is hard (because cryptic thinks the sci/med doff discrepancy is hilarious) but if the other elite stuff isn't very good then neither is the pets.

And why do t1 vs t5 ships even exist anyways?
Is the fleet oddy/bortasq worth t5 without the consoles and the variants?

I don't think it will be rethought until a larger percentage of the fleets acquire those ranks and cryptic will probably make it make more sense as well as make is more accessible
Captain
# 6
03-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Except it's not fleet quality. It's the Odyssey Star Cruiser and the Bortas, the 2nd Anniversary versions of the ships. They cost 200k Fleet Credits.
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Except it's not fleet quality. It's the Odyssey Star Cruiser and the Bortas, the 2nd Anniversary versions of the ships. They cost 200k Fleet Credits.
exactly. the entire starbase setup seems like it was poorly designed.
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Its my understanding that there is a fleet variant of the JHAS hangar pet and the Jem'Hadar fighters so at least those two ought to be worth it.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I am not exactly sure why cryptic made the elite weapons bad, but they did and have never indicated that they will change it.
The elite ship/ground items aren't as good as the set stuff either.
Science is hard (because cryptic thinks the sci/med doff discrepancy is hilarious) but if the other elite stuff isn't very good then neither is the pets.

And why do t1 vs t5 ships even exist anyways?

I don't think it will be rethought until a larger percentage of the fleets acquire those ranks and cryptic will probably make it make more sense as well as make is more accessible
I don't understand what you mean by this. Please explain??? What do you mean by the sci/med doff discrepancy?
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy View Post
I don't understand what you mean by this. Please explain??? What do you mean by the sci/med doff discrepancy?
Lol really?
To get Science experience, you need to put 90 Science and 90 Medical duty officers.
When you use the fleet starbase Science duty officer assignment thing, by the time you get 90 Science you may have 10 Medical. So how do you get the other 80 medical? From 500 fleet members doing the 2 day doff missions? lol

I think the discrepancy is from the fact that cryptic doesn't understand math. i don't see any other reasoning behind this discrepancy