Lt. Commander
# 1 STOICS results
03-16-2013, 05:29 AM
Have just done my first couple of runs with STOICS enabled, and have to say I am a bit disappointed with the results I got.
While not running anything more than'garden variety' gear on a Excel retrofit, with polarized disruptor cannons and a quantum up front, and BA and quantum aft, still expected a little bit more.
While there were some nice peaks in DPS, of around the 5000 mark, my average came in at a paltry 345!!!!!!!
Would like to hear from some other skippers out there on what their average NET dps comes in at using STOICS, as I can only assume that all the posts on here refering to massive dps numbers are refering to these periodic peaks rather than an over all average, and are therefore misleading at best.
Am more than happy to be corrected on this, as I am the first to admit that I am not the best space jockey out there, BUT, I don't believe that I am THAT bad either.
Captain
# 2
03-16-2013, 06:21 AM
use act, and you will get a better result. is stoic updated still, anyway?

also keeping an 8k dps consistently, isnt that hard on any ship with some special gear
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-16-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm sure even a Miranda could manage 345. Something is wrong. Is it parsing during non combat?
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-16-2013, 09:14 AM
A wonder that you still get any result from STOICs, it is outdated and can't even parse the actual log files anymore.
Ad with 345 you must be doing something seriously wrong, a single turret does more then that.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2013, 05:44 PM
THanks guys, didn't realise that STOICS is outdated.
Will try ACT( if anyone has a link.....), and is there any particular mission that people use to run their tests, and any tips or tricks to get accurate results would be appreciated.
Cheers
Captain
# 6
03-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbeer72 View Post
THanks guys, didn't realise that STOICS is outdated.
Will try ACT( if anyone has a link.....), and is there any particular mission that people use to run their tests, and any tips or tricks to get accurate results would be appreciated.
Cheers
I think linking is against something of something in the forums but google advanced combat tracker, and first link.
and get the plugin for it with searching act sto, first link, and click the v2012. its the best version, tho it wont show enemies by name (I dunno where the old plugins are, that showed these)