Lt. Commander
# 1 Don't DL from fileshack
01-13-2010, 12:12 AM
After over 4 hours of downloading from Fileshack or whatever it is called both my friend and I got an error message saying the file was corrupt. Just wanted to let you guys know this so others do not have to suffer as we did.
Lt. Commander
.. downloaded 565MB of it then got error message source file not available .. so I started up the torrent again and over night it got sorted out with 400kB/sec download (which is about max i get here) and 20-40 upload (again my max) .. so I recommend to use the Torrent .. i for my part will leave it seeding a while once done -- until i need the space on the pc or sth like that
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Yes I get the same error. Winzip or winrar both gave the same errors. I'm not a noob to unrar'ing or unzipping either, as I get a lot of "stuff" of the internet that is a rar or a zip. I actually signed up and paid file-shack just to download this!! After 5 and a half hours I go to unzip this and I get this error. Using winrar it actually lets me see the files in the archive tho, and guess what.... it is missing the setup.exe file to install the game. Good job cryptic. You might want to have included that when you sent it to file-shack. The directx files are there, and the other main directory, just not the setup.exe file.(maybe missing more, but that's DEF not there.

This is a joke Cryptic. Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth to download as much as they want. I do but not everyone. File-planet was a joke if you're not a member. Your downloader has the slowest speeds I've seen anything download at. Even the torrent was slow. So after spending CASH, and actually getting decent speeds, I come to find out that the zip file,even tho being 100 percent complete, is missing at least one pretty important file.

I guess I'll go back to the torrent and have to wait another day. I am so glad I didn't preorder. I was really going to, but the lack of info on a monthly price, even tho you're already selling the game is the biggest joke of all. But to not even put all the files you need to install inside a zip file before sending it to your "partner" sites, just makes me wonder if you have any idea what you're doing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I had the same problem. Try using 7-Zip, I was able to uncompress it correctly using it and install the game
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 12:59 AM
I read your other post. Tried it before I replied here. Does not work for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Yep same here, first download totally corrupted then left it on overnight (before anyone had started reporting it as being crap) and got 60 odd percent before the link died. Now reading everywhere that fileshack is officially an utter waste of time. I'm currently downloading from bigdownload.com at a half reasonable rate, just hope this file is okay and not corrupted to hell as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Same here. Could not unzip from FileShack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 05:03 AM
I downloaded the 6.6 GB file from the Shack, extracted it using Windows 7's plain ol' native extractor, and tossed it over the network to my brother's Windows XP machine, no problems at all.

I am a free account user, I don't use a DL manager, I don't use UAC, and I was in Firefox if those tidbits can help anyone.
Glad to be here, and I hope you all can be with us soon!!

(I downloaded it at about midnight-1am CST, could they have had a corrupted file up earlier in the day? I DO recall a few relaunched demos over the years over there to clear up corruptions, maybe they'll clean this one up!)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I am wondering if this is a windows problem. I am having the same issue and it seems a lot of people with XP are, anyone with 7 (at least those posting) seem to have it working properly