Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Nice

wait for it...wait for it.

Career Officer
# 3
03-20-2013, 04:35 PM
welcome back branflakes, love the prospect of fleet andorian phasers....

how much longer on the romulan plasma flamethrower?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
i know its real early for this but does anyone think that maintenance will be extended with the announcement being an hour before?
Captain
# 5
03-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
i know its real early for this but does anyone think that maintenance will be extended with the announcement being an hour before?
It's just an announcement, the actual update doesn't come until May.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
And no fix for the chat bug again...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
It's just an announcement, the actual update doesn't come until May.
wasnt meaning the big update till may. was meaning they might get caught up in all the discussion for the announcement or adding something small related and leading up to whats coming in may in this patch unexpectedly they did not tell everyone till the last minute.
Rihannsu
# 8
03-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
I somewhat predicted this in the New Screenshot thread.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...584651&page=11
# 9
03-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
The timer ending tomorrow at 6AM PDT and tomorrow's maintenance from 7-9AM PDT have nothing in common If maintenance is extended, it would be because the team needs more time to complete maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 10
03-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The timer ending tomorrow at 6AM PDT and tomorrow's maintenance from 7-9AM PDT have nothing in common If maintenance is extended, it would be because the team needs more time to complete maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ok let me break this down in laymans terms

If the scheduled maintenence is extended its not because of the screenshot announcement its because someone spilled their slushie on the server again causing it to explode violently.
And while its burning one developer will be roasting marshmellow 5 more will be running around in a panic another will be jumping under their desk chaos will be in the halls.

Meanwhile pwerbranflakes will be trying to calm everyone and tries to find the one person who knows how to fix and reboot the server only to find they were reassigned to neverwinter.

After some extra server down time someone will kick the server and it will start back up saving the day and pwerbranflakes sanity in the process.

In short dont panic if there is extra down time the dev team has EVERYTHING under control

(In all honesty they do a dang good job better then alot of games ive been on )
Closed Thread